c. one

───────C

───────
C.ONE; WORK
───────

✧✧ 《 AUTHOR's POV》✧✧
───────
At my house, I was always all alone. Dad went to work,
whenever I asked him where he was going,
it was always “working”
───────

"Father," A small boy peered through the door, a small frown plastered on his young face, "where are you going this time?"

The man grunted in response, "I'll be working." The boy's frown deepened. He clutches his dress shirt tightly, walking out of his room with his head hung low.

"When will you be back?" He inquires, a pregnant silence filling the room. He lifts his head, his eyes narrowed in sadness and eyebrows furrowed in disappointment.

His father left again.

Whimpering somberly, he turns back and walks to his room sadly.
───────

That was before, when he naïve and wished for a better relationship with his father.

He still did but he made no more efforts to be noticed by his cold father. His hard work would be wasted anyway, he would be ignored harshly.

He kicked a pebble softly, hands tucked into his pants' pockets and his head looking down.

It stung when the cold eyes of his father meets his, the monotone reply that he rehearsed every morning leaving his lips; "Working," He says indifferently.

He figured that his work was fruitless and stopped trying too hard to gain his father's attention.

He stopped walking, his small figure covered by the people passing by, their tall sillhouttes blocking the light from his eyes.

He fishes out a sack from his pocket, opening it and counting the amount of coins he had.

He grinned, stuffing it back in his pouch. It was enough money to buy noodles, or maybe even two.

He feels rich, he thought loudly, walking along the road a bit more happy, forgetting about his worry and sorrow.

As he was skipping along the way, he notices his school up close. He checks the time as it read that he was about ten minutes early than usual.

He smile widens, his pace gradually increasing as he runs to the academy gates and greeting to the kids that passed by.

He felt great.
───────