seven

+

+

"Ryuu!" Katsu waved to our silver haired teammate as we walked over to the group of obnoxious leaf shinobi.

If I had any say in it, I would have let Katsu walk over there and get the idiot by himself. But I had the sneaking suspicion Ryuu was going to blow him off. If that happened—it's safe to say nothing good would come out of it. Katsu had the tendency to give in to Ryuu easily and not put his foot down. If I didn't come along, who knows what would happen.

I was still going to let Katsu take the lead, but just for now. I was still the leader after all.

Besides, I was probably going to have to step in and deal with the silver haired idiot myself since Katsu was absolutely helpless when it came to being firm.

Katsu and the word authority did not belong in the same sentence.

I could already picture how the conversation would go. Katsu was going to start by saying something simple, like how we needed to 'stick together' in hopes of persuading him to come along. And Ryuu would just laugh before continuing to do whatever the hell he wanted.

But if it were me, I would just grab the guy by the hair and drag him to our safe little corner, far away from anything that could help him cause any trouble.

"Hey guys!" Ryuu grinned, returning Katu's little wave. He reached into Choji's bag of chips, before shoveling a hand full into his mouth. I cringed at the few crumbs that fell out of his mouth and onto his once clean shirt.

"Can you not... be disgusting?" I rubbed the side of my face, the migraine from earlier that day returning.

Ryuu furrowed his brows, before following my gaze down to his shirt. He laughed, wiping off the material. "Hehe... sorry Kohana-chan!"

I didn't say anything and just rolled my eyes.

I glanced to the group of shinobi that had become eerily quiet at our arrival. The team from the barbecue restaurant was here, Shikamaru, Choji and Ino. Choji was laughing at a joke Ryuu said, the two boys munching together over the greasy food. Shikamaru was murmuring to himself about something, an annoyed expression on his face. And Ino? Well... she was staring right back at me with a raised eyebrow.

I blinked. Had I missed something?

"I said," she began, leaning forward with her hands on her hips. A thick clump of blonde hair fell over one of her blue eyes. "Who are you? Your two teammates were decent enough to introduce themselves yesterday, but you just sat there quietly like you were too good for us."