Wake Up, Darling

Everywhere around me is in chaos. 

The Hogwarts building is on the verge of collapsing underneath thousands of wizards and I am one of those people. The bricks are scattered around the floor, making it harder to navigate the safest route out without any injuries. Once regal tapestries depicting the achievements of legendary wizards were now shreds or rags covering the dead bodies of loved ones. 

I slowly crawl out of the disoriented mess while flashes of light almost hit me several times. It is almost a miracle that I didn't get a scratch from a dangerous spell or a potion that was thrown by certainly someone with a great sense of humor. Yet the thing that makes me a deer in a headlight is my surroundings where one can clearly see the Forbidden Forest. 

All I could do was widen my eyes in horror since all this destruction was happening just while I was taking a brief nap in the common room. The worst thought occurred to me that I was being really useless without a wand to fight against the enemies. I might have gone back if only my wand wasn't most likely crushed into smithereens. 

"Amara! You are alive, I thought you were squashed under the debris of the castle falling apart." A redhead girl grinned while squeezing me into a hug. 

"Nothing could stop this girl from making it out alive. Watch out for that-" I warned Ginny of the almost surprise attack from a death eater. 

"Reducto!" Ginny yelled as she pointed her wand to the remaining part of the castle which caused it to explode on top of the death eater. Then she chanted the Accio spell for my wand. 

"Thanks, Ginny. I don't know what I would do without you." Then we hurried to what remained of the Entrance Hall where the haunting voice of Lord Voldemort rang into my ears. Everyone around me seemed to copy the same disgust against his raspy voice. 

However, the dark side was going to be gone for the next hour so I look for Ron, my kind of boyfriend but we didn't really gloss over it much. 

"Amara and Ginny, where were you guys? Ron was worried about you guys and I am sorry to say this, but he didn't make it." 

Ginny just had a blank stare as she collapsed onto the ground with tears streaming from her delicate eyes. 

A rush of emotions ran through me as the words lingered around my brain. It wasn't real. Ron will come back and then we will have a proper date with our first kiss. He is lying, my boyfriend isn't gone yet. Although deep inside I saw the figure of Ron trailing around the hall with a bright smile as he waved to me. 

I know this is a dream, but I wave back. 

"Wake up, Darling," my mother calls out as she rolls her eyes at the final Harry Potter DVD resting on my computer.