prologue

Dancing had been a hobby of Sicheng's since he was aged only three years old

Dancing had been a hobby of Sicheng's since he was aged only three years old. His mother had always been keen on the idea of her son taking up some kind of hobby from a young age so he could bloom at it. She was thrilled when he took to dancing and especially at such a young age. His primary school offered no dance program which led to the young boy joining the dance school which was about a 30 minute drive away. He had lessons every Thursday afternoon and performed in a concert once a month alongside his fellow peers.

Sicheng always found a great delight in dancing. Whenever he was stressed or anxious, he'd ask his parent's permission to travel to the studio down the road. Due to his young age, his parents always stressed that he go with his friend. Jaehyun lived two doors down and was the same age as the boy. They attended the same dance school and had shared the same passion. The Jung family were always more than happy to send the pair off on their merry way to dance away.

Sicheng had an older sister who was an instructor at this studio. She would always check in every now and then to make sure the two boys weren't getting into trouble in the room which they'd share alone. The reason as to which Sicheng and Jaehyun didn't attend the dance classes here was due to the simple fact that only student's who have graduated a prior dance school can be accepted. There are still another 10 years which need to be completed before the two boys can advance to this school. They are still only six years old which leaves this as their third year at the current dance school.

It was Thursday which meant they had a class. This weekend they were performing for the entirety of the primary school which the boys were attending. This meant a lot to them as all of their peers would be able to see them showcasing the performance which they'd been working on for a while. Today was the last opportunity for the dancers to perfect their routines, meaning any imperfections would need to be addressed before the end of the class.

All the students chatted amongst each other quite happily as they waited for their teacher to arrive. Some were already beginning their stretches whilst others just sat on the floor and mucked around. Sicheng was in a split position, reaching toward the ceiling as Jaehyun rambled on about how his dog had eaten his mother's favourite pair of shoes. Apparently, she was fuming, and the child had to take his pet outside in order for it to escape the wrath of Mrs Jung.

The chatter ceased as soon as the doors to the studio creaked open. The instructor had arrived, smiling at each and every one of them as she made her way to the front of the room. Placing down her belongings she does a roll call to make sure each student was present.

It wasn't long before they had started the routine. Each student seemed to be acing their part, especially Sicheng as he just allowed for the flow of the music to control the flow of his body. His talent for dancing had always left his teacher beyond impressed. Jaehyun would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous of his friend's talents. The older had always been slightly stiffer than the other. He was still great at dancing, he just wasn't amazing.