Chapter 1- Pesky Pestering Gang Members

Hosea had leant up against a pole attached to Dutch's tent. He had given the younger man a book of his and was reading it to Jack. The kid was much like his father, but had the tendency to listen and learn. This particular book was of the knights of the round table, and Jack seemed very intrigued by the book about a group of men doing good deeds. Not much like the gang at all, but had similar morals.

Hearing Dutch read the book reminded him of the times he taught Arthur to read and write, and attempted to teach John to read. John was getting better at least, but the last time Hosea had taught him was when John was eighteen. The thought made him smile. Things had been simpler back then, when he was younger, Arthur and John weren't at each other's throats, and when Dutch had been less stressed.

"Hey! Hosea!" Hosea looked up, seeing Charles wave at him. Charles was sat amongst a group that included Tilly, Arthur, Abigail, John, Lenny and the newest member of the gang, Kieran. Hosea didn't mind Kieran all that much. Just a scared kid who looked up to the gang. It seems he had already won Arthurs heart with his innocence, as they were talking together, sharing laughs and their dumbest things they've done. Hosea huffed and went to the group, before sitting down by the fire.

Charles looked at him expectantly "Things have been so quiet. You haven't told a story in weeks!" he'd remark. Hosea gave a small snort of laughter "I've told you lot most of my stories anyways! Unless you want to know that Arthur attracted a bear and sent Dutch into a frenzy over it" he'd admit, causing Arthur to shoot him a look saying 'You dare tell them and I'll tell everyone you made Dutch try and eat a worm'. Tilly looked at him and gave a soft laugh. "Come now, Hosea. We all know that isn't true!" she leant forwards "How about how you met Dutch? You two have known each other for so long, but none of ya actually said how you met".

Hosea was taken aback a bit. He was planning on telling them at some point in the future, but not right now. "Well, uhm" he started, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "I actually have to go do something, so uh..." he started to get up, before Charles stopped him, laughing. "You aren't going to fool us again with that, old man." Hosea swore inwardly before sitting back down.

"Come on, Hosea! I bet even the O'Driscolls would want to hear a piece of it" Lenny stated, Kieran nodding with agreement, hiding his laughter. Hosea felt utterly defeated. Of course, he was pressured to be a story teller by the younger members, as per usual. He threw his hands up "Alright, alright. You win" he noticed Abigail now looked rather interested in the soon to start story "But where to even begin?"

"From the beginning, Hosea, duh!" Tilly exclaimed, before handing out some drinks left close by thanks to Pearson. Hosea grunted and thought about where to actually start. His life in the mountains, or just when he met Dutch when they both tried to steal each other's pocket watch.

"Well, I could start from when I left the mountains and, I guess, stumbled upon Dutch" he mumbled thoughtfully, clearing his throat before beginning. 

Note- I don't often write fanfictions and keep putting them on Hiatus, but I am pretty inspired by this one thanks to a certain fanfictioner. I'll keep this one going until it ends.