Chapter 1 : Memory

1945, JUNE
HIROSHIMA, JAPAN.

          I was at my home. sitting on my study table, writing my usual stuff in my diary.
Suddenly a buzzer sound disturbed whole Hiroshima's silence. I stood up and opened my window to see what's happening. The whole Hiroshima was running here and there like scared animals.
The sound is still going on it was city alarm for evacuation.
And now it's telling me that yersterday's news is going to be reality. Hiroshima is going to see an living hell. finally the time is here when America is ready to take it's revenge on Japan.

"DHADAAM!!!!!!". Someone slammed my room's door it was my mom.
When I saw her face, a strange agitation was scaled all over her face perhaps it was fear of death that's pulling her body in a do and die situation. She yelled - "PACK OUR THINGS, WE ARE LEAVING!!!" - And then she run down to main room.
I started packing my things I grabbed my diary, my cloths and stuffed them into a bag. It was like my body, my limbs are working by itself. I think it is what you call Fear of Death, and now I can understand how my mother was feeling. When I was heading out of my room my eyes attaracted by a glance which was reflecting in my wall mirror. It wasn't my face or my looks it was reflection of Mezumi's house which was telling me that I was forgeeting something. It was Mezumi, is she all right? is she knows what is going on?.
These kind of question started popping in my head and then suddenly my mom called - " HIROSHI GET OUTSIDE!!!" - 'Cause of her call or perhaps scream I rushed from stairs to outside of my house.

I was outside of my house. People are still running like feared animals. "THUMPPP!!!!" Suddenly a lady bumped into me out to  ground when I saw her she was with a baby and her face was appealing the same fear of death probably she was also trying to survive from this Apocalypse. When I was trying to help her to get up, a man came from my back and helped her to get up and said - " We have to hurry to the HIROHIMA PARK, let's go." - I think it that guy's words which helped my dad to make his decison to go Hiroshima Park for survive. But suddenly again that same question popped into my head "Is Mezumi all right?"
I looked at her house and then I saw her she was there I called her name - "MEZUUMII!!!". She looked back at me and started running towards me and grabbed my hand. I can clearly see her fear all over her face. She was scared. After some moments her parents arrived.
Her Dad asked my Dad - "Where we should go?" - my Dad answered - "People are running towards Hiroshima Park. I think there is a way out to the city. We should also get our families to there as soon as possible"

We started running to get to the Hiroshima Park. My one hand is in my mom's hand and by other I have grabbed Mezumi's hand. She's running with me here parent are behind us. Mezumi grabbed my hand very tight that she's never gonna let it go.

This isn't the thing to tell in this situation but this was the first time Mezumi hold my hand. Before that we always keep our distance. As we are getting closer to Hiroshima Park, I was seeing some Trucks. Trucks which are aboarding people on it. At that time I was seeing them as huge black vehicles but, if I try to see them as my present mind they were military truck Which were helping people to evecute from the city.

As we are getting closer I saw up at the sky the whole Hiroshima was covered with dark dense clouds and they all creating a scene that has vibe to terrorize anyone. It was like today was really is the final day of Hiroshima. But that terrorizing scence was tearing through by a red and white Beam of smoke. If I try to imagine it from a child's imagination it was a shooting star which is shining bright in the day, but in real it was  The Emissary of The Apocalypse which was ready to tear Hiroshima apart.

While I was looking at the sky we were here at Hiroshima Park at front of the trucks. My Dad called me - "Hiroshi get on!!!! Truck is almost full". - I was still holding her hand my mom pulled me in at truck I wanted to take Mezumi with me but before she can come up with me someone pulled her, it was like someone is snatching her away from me. It was her Mom who pulled her into The other Truck  I never wanted to let go her hand but I have to 'cause of her own sake. But at time you can say that it was some coincedence or just my heart which was ordering my limbs to do that, Her ring left in my hand.

Both trucks started, we started to leave the city. I was still watching her she was sitting in truck holding herself with her both hand feared, shaking like a innocent child. As the distance between us getting furthur and furthur, the fear in my heart is getting more and more hard. Fear not for that Today could be our last day, But Fear to not able see Mezumi ever again.

Some minutes have passed. I am not seeing her or the truck anymore. By seeing the different buildings and scenery, I can probably tell that we are not in Hiroshima anymore. But when I see faces of other people or my parents's I can still see the fear. They probably thinking that we are still in danger or going to die anytime.
Then suddenly "Thuammppppphhhh!!!!!". The emissary of apocalypse finally hit the earth. The destroying sound of the blast  turned every scream of chaos into long remaining silence. I think at that not only mine but every ear has gone deaf. I head up. I wasn't hearing anything but I was seeing that destroying hellfire which was destroying and tearing whole Hiroshima apart. That scene was most horrifying scene of my life that still gives me goosebumps at night.

That wasn't very long that we were terrorizing from that apocalyptic scene that suddenly, massive wall wind with sand and reaching to us at the speed of sound. That was the shockwave which generated from atomic blast. And...........................
My memory of that time is still blurred. But I know one thing that when the shock wave hit us, everything people to truck  were turned up to down.

When I got my counciouness back. I don't know that I was in hell or  heaven. But everything around me was pitch black, my whole mind had gone all blank.  I cannot able to think about anything. Well you can not blame me for that, Because I was just a child. I don't know the exact thing but I was there for some hours, alone almost blind. Not hearing, not seeing anything else just pitch black. Then suddenly I heard some commotion behind me, I got afraid and slide to other side. After some moments The dark gazing enviroment at around me teared apart by a beam of light. Which enlightened everything of my life. He was a rescue officer which probably came there by seeing a half teared truck at outside of blast zone.

When I stepped outside, I saw that I was hidden under the upsidedowned truck . And everything surround it were destroyed or turned into ashes, even the people. But most disturbing and horrifying thing was that I was the only survivour from the truck. If try imagine the  reason of my survive now that's probably because I was under the truck when next shock wave hit. At that time I cannot able to remember anything not even my parents faces, no memory of childhood, nothing. Just her face and her name. Mezumi.

When I turned to see the face of my saviour. His face has a collided expression of affinity and mercy. I cannot able say something. Just walking along side of his.