A Proscriptive Relationship One-Shot - Chris' Pov

As Holly set down the coffee, I could see her avoiding my gaze. I didn't mean to stare but I had good reason to, it's not possible, the likeness. But when she blushes it makes her individual. Makes me see her for herself, not some messed up situation in my head.

"Sugar?" I asked nicely, being mysterious makes it easier for her to avoid me to avoid her for her own good. It made sense to me.

"I'll go get it," She sighed, really was I that much of a nuisance!... Yes. I watched her drag herself out of the room and laughed internaly at how she was so similar, but yet so different. My head was still reeling at the thought of having Holly know anything about what just happened. The sugar was partly a ploy to gain more time to think of an excuse, but really, I also enjoyed making her miffed. Her facial expressions were fascinating to watch. Holly walked back in with the sugar and other condements and I started to pile them into my cup after thanking her, putting in my usual amount. I could feel a pair of eyes on my hands.

"Isn't that a little unhealthy?" I heard a little voice comment. I thought it was strange how she cared how much sugar I put into my cup. I lifted it to my lips, drank a bit, almost in rebellion to Holly's comment.

"Most likely. But I like it better this way." I went back to being offhand and rude. I really wanted to tease her reactions, her personality was so endearing, I had to find out more.

"Like a kid," She twiddled her thumbs, still not looking at my face. She was a funny little girl, I'd give her that. I laughed slightly.

"I suppose, yes." I continued to drink and studied my surroundings while Holly quite obviously tried to figure out how to question me about the earlier events. I waited for her to speak, all the while trying to come up with an alibi that would make enough sense for her to let it go. She saw me staring and I smiled to make it less awkward, she returned a half-hearted smile, her brain was obviously working too hard. Finally she cleared her throat which cut the awkward silence and her questions began. The curiousity on her face was adorable. I was reminded of the situation so similar to this, those many years ago. I couldn't help feeling being here was wrong on so many levels, but I couldn't seem to find a good enough reason to leave.

"So, did you... did you know those guys back there?" She stuttered cutely. I also had a bad feeling about thinking of her as 'cute'. She's a student, but no matter how much she holds a reminder for me of her, I should keep ellusive and not have such thoughts which could end up hurting everyone. I nodded my head in answer to Holly's question. By now I had figured if she is anything like the person I know, she would handle the truth better than a lie which she would likely figure out within seconds.

"Yeah, they were from the enemy gang of the gang I was in a few years ago." Shock spread through her face, maybe the straight on truth wasn't the best idea after all.

"You were in a gang?" She asked, she wasn't in enough shock to cause stuttering or loss of words, maybe this girl's tougher than I thought, she's just so damn hard to understand!

"Yup. Get me more coffee." I replied. I really didn't know how to act around her. I mean, if I'm nice to her, she'll think I'm sucking up to stop her telling anyone I was in a gang, if I'm me then she may not like my sarcastic, sometimes egotistical comments which are made in fun, I can be a real jerk sometimes, even I know that, without Jeremy telling me it every 5 minutes. Holly's mouth had dropped open at my response so I shooed her away.

"Get to it" I waved her away. She left the room gobsmacked and I grinned to myself. I looked around at the room at the ornamets and decoration, noticing a bowl of sweets on the table I sifted through them to find which flavour had been eaten most, to see what Holly's favourite kind was. Then Holly walked in with the coffee, caught! She set the cup down in front of me, not saying anything, she didn't have to. I could read her face like a book. I started to pile the sugar in again.

"You weren't really going to let those thugs beat you up, were you?" I could hear curiousity in her cute voice. Her worry made it even more cute. I laughed.

"No way! I could have dominated them. I was just waiting to see if they'd go away or not. It was quite a shock when you came out of nowhere and shouted at them to stop in your girly little voice."

"I don't have a girly little voice. And I really thought they were going to beat you up." She sounded upset and I felt something flutter inside me, I immediately felt bad which was strange. I never feel bad. I shook it off.

"Impossible. No one can beat me up. But it was funny when you hit that guy over the head with a bag of cans." No reply. I wondered what she was thinking. Even though I'd barely known her a day, it felt like a decade. Her hair was lying over her shoulders sofly, it was a beautiful colour. A part fell in front of her shoulder and I snapped out of it.

"More coffee." I held up my cup.

"Are you kidding me? More than two cups of coffee in one sitting? That's really unhealthy."

"Who are you? My mother?" I regretted that sentence immediately.

"No but-"

"I want more coffee. Now" I cracked my fingers. She jumped and rushed off.

"This is your last cup." She's not even afraid of me!

"I get to decide that. I'm hungry. Go make me something to eat."

"No! I just made you three cups of coffee! And now you want me to make you dinner?

"Obviously... because I'm hungry." I said it as if she was stupid. She was angry, not point going back now.

"Get out."

"No."

"No?"

"What if the thugs are out there?" I mocked.

"I don't care!" Oh now she's getting brave, I thought. I cracked my knuckles threateningly.

"Should I teach you a lesson about kicking me out?" I stepped forward and she fell back, over the table landing on her back. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not really going to beat you up." She stayed laying on the ground, staring at the ceiling. She then sighed and shut her eyes.

"They're not going to believe this." She muttered. I walked towards her and pulled her up by her top. She righted herself.

"I hope you don't mean the students or faculty at the school when you say 'they'." I smiled.

"Oh yes I did." She leaned her head on her hand. "When they find out your actually like this..." I could tell she was blushing.

"But they're not going to."

"What? Of course they are if I tell them."

"But you wont... right? You wouldn't want anything to happen to you would you?" I said threateningly. This girl had to keep my secret, I thought she was bluffing but I had to be safe.

"Um... Ok I won't tell anyone." She muttered and looked away, It had worked. I wondered if I had gone too far and if she really would have told in the first place but pushed it to the back of my mind.

"Good. Now make me some dinner!"

---------------------------

Reaaalllly hope you like it! I've never done a one-shot before and I really hope I didn't dissapoint? Its based on chapter 4 of APR. I tried to show what was going through Chris' head when he had the random mood changes. This is dedicated to Xxskater2girl16xX who made the characters, plotlines and speech herself, go check her story A Proscriptive Relationship! It's AMAZING.

And I love all time low.. Just thought I'd get that in there... :D