|1|

Word of the day: Cruelty
Meaning: Behaviour or situation which causes physical or mental harm to another, whether intentionally or not.

••—••

A bright smile that form the shape of a heart was seen on a man as he gave the customer his coffee that he had ordered, his cheerful attitude lighting up the atmosphere almost immediately.

His laugh was contagious among the regulars. Maybe that's why the cafe's business is always booming. He could easily draw people in and erase their worries with just a laugh or even a performance.

Even now as it can be seen raining heavily outside, the harsh and gloomy weather was unable to take over the cheerful atmosphere.

He, Hoseok, look out the window.

"Ah, it's raining."

••—••

"Anything?"

"Sorry sir, it's hard to find him when he's been off radar for so many years."

"Keep searching. He's a dangerous villain after all."

"Yes, sir."

••—••

Splash

Splash

Splash

Wet footsteps were heard against the puddle filled pavement as the people try to take cover from the rainstorm.

A male, probably around the age of 20, immediately ran to a cafe to take shelter under the small roof instead of inside.

The youngster curse the weather under his breath while shaking the water from his hair. "Fuck my luck today.."

"Excuse me?"

The boy turn to see one of the cafe worker opening the door to talk to him.

"What?" He unintentionally snap at the man but the man wasn't fazed.

"You should come in, the weather doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon." The man said while flashing a bright smile and without giving the other the time to protest, he had grab his wrist and pull him inside.

The boy, Taehyung, watches the man disappear to the back room, only for him to emerge with a towel.

"Here," The man says and hand over the towel to him. That was when Taehyung's eyes landed on the man's name tag.

Hoseok

Taehyung's attention was soon pulled away when Hoseok's voice sounded through his ears. "Would you like a change of clothes?"

"Huh?"

"We have a few clothes here that might fit you. Lots of them at the Lost and Found." Hoseok said and gestured to a designated corner where a few clothes were hanging on a rack or folded on the table.

"The toilet is over there." He further added before pointing at a door with a toilet sign beside the counter.
Without any other words, Hoseok went back behind the counter while Taehyung went and change.

*•*•*•*•*•*

When Taehyung was back, he raised an eyebrow when he saw Hoseok was excitedly waving over to a table. The rain was hitting harshly against the window as he took a seat and saw a mug of hot chocolate in front of him.

"I didn't order this."

"I know," Hoseok smiles and took a seat opposite him. "It's on me."

Taehyung raise his eyebrow but didn't question anything. He gently lifted the mug and brought it to his lips where he was immediately greeted with the warm drink.

Hey, it's free. Might as well.

*•*•*•*•*•*

"Anything?!"

"I'm sorry sir but we really can't find anything.."

"Keep searching!! It's been 6 years!"

*•*•*•*•*•*

"Are you always this smiley?" Taehyung suddenly asked after he saw that Hoseok was smiling out the window while looking at the passing cars under the rain.

"Hmm?" Hoseok turn to him and shrugs. "Well, most of the time I am. It always make my life brighter and others as well."

"I see."

"What's your name?"

"Pardon?"

"Your name, silly!" Hoseok laughed. "We've been sitting together for about 20 minutes now and I still don't know your name."

"I'm Jung Hoseok." He introduced himself and he saw Taehyung looking at him and nodding a little.

"Kim Taehyung."

"Big prosperity, that's a nice name." Hoseok said and Taehyung's eyes widen in surprise.

"You know the meaning? Not many people do."

"Sometimes a name defines a person or it just gives off a vibe of their personality." Hoseok explained and leaned back against his chair.

"That's a bit bizzarre. How can anything define you?"

Taehyung heard Hoseok sighed and look up only to see the other smiling. "Why indeed..."

"Looks like the rain has stop." Hoseok said. "You should go. There's been a lot of villains lately."