Transformation

It was the weekend much to Ratchet's dismay. It meant that the humans were around, and of course they would find a way to disrupt his silence and his work as they always did. But this was a strange one, and if it was just a stupid way to bug him then he didn't find it funny in the slightest. It was a sick joke in his opinion.

"Jack! Miko! Raf! Come out right now!" he called throughout the base earning himself some odd looks from his Autobot companions.

"What's going on with the kids, Ratch?" Bulkhead asked.

Ratchet shot him a sharp look and placed his finger to his lip plating as a silent way of telling him to shut up. The medic was trying to listen for any of the children and if they'd accidentally give away their position. There was no giggling or whispering, no signs of tiny feet running or shuffling around at the call of their names. Nothing.

Ratchet scoffed and turned back to where he had found this prank that the humans had set up.

"Pesky humans, I didn't even know they knew about this aspect of Cybertronian life," he mumbled to himself but loud enough for everyone else to hear.

"What is it that they have done, Ratchet?" came the rumbling voice of Optimus who was typing away on a computer terminal.

The medic turned around to look at his leader and caught the enquiring and curious gazes of Arcee, Bumblebee and Bulkhead too. He sighed realising that this probably wasn't a prank and he might have a spark attack pretty soon. Oh boy.

"At this point, I don't think I can even explain what they've done. Just come and see, quickly and quietly," he sighed rubbing a hand down his face plates.

Together the four warriors followed their medic to where the children had conducted their prank and found none other than three sleeping sparklings. Three sleeping sparklings that were incredibly cute. There were audible gasps, a little squeal from Arcee and mumbling and then everyone went silent as they realised the situation.

"So... are they real?" Bumblebee kneeled down and poked one of the sparklings that looked suspiciously like Raf.

Needless to say, the scout got his answer as the sparkling's optics immediately shot open. It smiled and begun making little clicking and squeaking noises.

"Hey Bee, sorry I didn't know I'd even fallen asleep," Raf laughed slightly as he attempted to lift his body into a sitting position having noticed he was surrounded by all of the bots.

But something was wrong. Very wrong in fact. His body felt so heavy and it was an extremely scary feeling.

"Bee?" Raf whimpered. He was beginning to panic, and his "eyes" quickly begun to fill with tears.

"No crying, you're okay," Ratchet said softly as he took over from the scout. He gently picked up the teary sparkling and cradled him to his chest.

Raf hiccupped a little bit but calmed down immediately, his little body registered Ratchet's spark in close proximity to his and it was a weird feeling to the once young boy. But all of this was wrong. Something had happened and all he had to do to find out what had occurred was turn his head to look at his friends and then down at himself.

No sound left him, and he froze up allowing shock to completely override him.

"Hold on a fragging minute, you're not telling me these sparklings are Jack, Miko and Raf,"

Arcee raised an eyebrow at Ratchet and placed a hand on her hip.

"Who else would they be?" Bulkhead responded as he watched Optimus carefully pick up the other two sparklings, supposedly Jack and Miko, and cradle them.