Cold Open

The bar was overcrowded, it seemed that every young adults of Montréal were present to celebrate youth and beauty. Every individual was wearing trendy white clothes for this sensational 'Bal en blanc' event. For the occasion, the bar had been decorated with white small Japanese lanterns and many kinds of mirror-made decorations. Turquoise laser lights were dancing to the beet of the music, giving a futuristic air to the bar.

Outside, it was cold has hell. But inside, the temperature and humidity were rising because the crowd was overexcited. Every window of the bar was filled with condensation creating a veneer making forget the harsh winter weather to anyone inside. According to medias, it was the happening of the year. There was an endless line-up where hundreds of young people were getting iced by the cruel north February wind to attend this party.

On the bar, four handsome men were singing and dancing for the pleasure of the crowd. The foursome was all dressed up with chic white suits brightened up with shiny emerald bow ties. They were singing a tribute to male friendship. With the look in their eyes, their attitude and their silent assurance, no one could deny they were true friends. Together, arm in arm, they were strong, powerful, courageous and nothing on Earth could sow discord between them. The four attractive friends were having a great time singing over an old disco remix of Dionne Warwick's song 'That's what friends are for'.

Behind them, on a glass shelf too high to store liquor bottles, four porcelain absinth-green frogs seemed to gaze upon the four friend's performance. The first batrachian trinket wore glasses, the second one held a martini in its hand, the third one bore a blue bow tie and the last one proudly had on its head a black mortar board.

And, on a frenzied beat, brighten up by the clinking of shooters and carried by the laughter of the crowd, it went like this:

Well, you came in loving me

And now there's so much more I see

And so by the way

I thank you

Oh and then for the times when we're apart

Well, then close your eyes and know

The words are coming from my heart

And then if you can remember

Keep smiling and keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

In good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for