Contest Details

What Do I Write About?

Write a short story with the theme of "First Love".

Some ideas to get you started:

Write about your first crush

Write a story about the moment you knew you were in love

Write about the things you liked most about your first love

Write about a date you had with your first love

Things to Consider

Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure your stories are clear and as easy to read as possible.

Be sure to keep your story PG-13 or lower.

Make sure your story is 1,500 words or less.

Submission Requirements

· Stories can be a maximum of 1,500 words

· Stories must be one chapter (story part)

· Stories must be marked as complete to be eligible

· Stories must be tagged #TheBestOfMeMovieContest

· Story must be rated PG-13 or lower

· Story cannot use the actual Best of Me characters or plot

· Story cannot be fanfiction

· Story can be fiction or non-fiction

Submission Period

To participate, you must post a NEW story from your Wattpad profile and tag it #TheBestOfMeMovieContest between Wednesday, September 24th - 20:00 EST and Wednesday, October 1st - 20:00 EST. Only one story entry per profile, please.

Voting & Judging

The top 10 stories will be determined by votes on Wattpad. You can vote for any story tagged #TheBestOfMeMovieContest by clicking the vote feature within Wattpad.

From these top 10 stories, a panel of judges will determine the winning submission.

Dates

The contest will have multiple stages:

Stage 1 – Submissions via tagging will be accepted from the time of the announcement on Wednesday September 24. The closing date for submissions will be 20:00 EST on Wednesday, October 1.

Stage 2 – The Wattpad community will vote to select the list of top 10 entrants from 20:01 EST on Thursday, October 2 until 20:00 EST on Wednesday October 8. Only votes during this period will count. Wattpad reserves the right to select wildcard entries at this stage, in addition to the voted list.

Stage 3 – In collaboration with Wattpad, Relativity will select the winning entry by Tuesday October 14.

Stage 4 – The winning entry will be announced on TheBestOfMeMovie profile by Wednesday October 15.

Prizing

Top 10 entrants will be acknowledged via TheBestOfMeMovie Wattpad account

Winner will be acknowledged on Nicholas Sparks properties (Nicholassparks.com, Twitter) and will receive a signed copy of The Best of Me Book

For a complete list of rules and regulations, visit The Best of Me profile and look in our About section.