Jade

The knock on the door, the sound of guns firing while our windows begin to shatter and get filled with bullet holds. "JADE!!" I hear my brother scream as he runs into my room. "Let's go!" He says as his voice fills with worry "Ok." No time to pack a bag we both rush down the stairs to the back door which is also blocked by the police force. "To the basement!" I said to my brother as we rush down to our basement we quickly get out of the small basement windows. I'm a little cut up because I had to bust out the window for us to escape. I wake up from the awful nightmare in tears like every other night.
I cant sleep for the rest of the night as my mind wonders to thinking about where it l went wrong and my mind leads me back to one place only. My parents death, tragic murder and they were tortured before death. I stare at the felling fan and pray "Please protect my brother." I say, I've never really believed in a godly image but anything to protect him I'd do it.
I've gotten used to sleeping outside, we sleep in the forest as of now but tomorrow I start at my- no a new school. It's not my school and it never will be my home is my brother and that's it. I continue to think about the past and about how broken I am because of it until I see the sun peeping over the trees.
"Let's go loser." I hear my brother yawn and smirk at me, "Haha very funny." I give him a smile as I raise to my feet. "I'll go behind that tree." I point to a huge tree that would surely block me and my brother from seeing each other change. "Gotcha" He says and I grab my black and red bag and toss my brother his black and white one. I go behind the tree and change into my tank top, with skinny jeans, black socks, and my all black converse. I come out from the tree and me and my brother leave for school. But of course he first tosses me a oversized sweatshirt and says if he catches one guy looking at me he's gonna kick there ass and the sad truth is I know he will he's protective of me.