ten

+

+

"This is great."

"Sometimes I wonder about you, Ko-chan. Are you a sadist?"

"Shut up or I'll make you shut up."

After having finished the first exam, Anko led us to what looked like a caged off training area. Large chain fences towered over us, barbed wire lining the top of the fence that cascaded over the top of the tree lines. Lots of vegetation could be seen from within, and the distant call of animals rang out through the clearing. At least twenty locks lined one side of what I assumed was a gate.

Ryuu scratched at the side of his head and gave a grimace at the sight of the massive area. "This doesn't look safe."

"Nah." A shit eating grin spread across my face. "This looks amazing. I've been wanting to get my hands dirty from the start... and this? This is going be fun..."

I laughed darkly, cracking my knuckles as I observed the left over Genin teams. I was just itching to use my new tanto. The question was, who was I to use it on first? This was my chance to exterminate every single person that even looked at me the wrong way. Maybe I should have made a list from the beginning.

Katsu and Ryuu shared a look with one another, before taking a good sized step back from the dark aura oozing out of me.

"I don't like seeing Kohana-chan so excited." Ryuu whispered, leaning over toward Katsu. "It scares me..."

"I'm not sure I've ever seen her smile like that...it's rather...creepy." Katsu grimaced. "Maybe she really is a sadist."

I turned my head and narrowed my eyes on the two idiots that were gossiping like a bunch of little school girls. They went rigid at my cold stare, before flashing me innocent grins and waving.

I took a step forward with a clenched fist. "I can still hear you!"

"Remember, Kohana-chan!" Ryuu dived behind Katsu's taller frame, before placing his hands on Katsu's biceps and peering around at me. "You need us alive to participate in this part of the chunin exams! You can't kill us!"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Who said I was going to kill you?"

"You didn't have to say anything." Katsu deadpanned, sweatdropping. "Your face was enough of a communicator."

"Hey, you made it through, dattebayo!"

I made a face as the familiar voice obnoxiously intruded my ear drums for the second time that day.