chapter one.

"Mom! I'm home!" I walked into the house and the sound of laughter filled the air. I walked into the living room and I saw my mom, brother, and some guy sitting by my brother. I sat down.

  "Rina! Hey, this I'd Ryder. He's my friend from school." My brother stated laughing.

  "It's nice to meet you," I smiled. He had brown hair that swooped across his face. His hazel eyes and pale skin excited me. How long have I been starting at him? My eyes darted to the ground. I felt the heat rush to my face. I could tell my skin was turning red so I excused myself to my room.

  My brother, Kevin, had just got back from MEPS. He was leaving for the army in June and I was in charge of his going away party. He's not supposed to know about it. So, now Im going to have to pull some strings to invite Ryder. I'm too shy to just walk up and ask, so I'll probably have my cousin, Kerri, do it at school. I texted her and of course she agreed.

  "Hey," I jumped as Kevin walked into my room, scaring me half to death, "I'm about to take Ryder home, want to ride with? Mom said you needed something for a school project?"

  "Yeah, sure. Umm.. just let me grab my wallet." He nodded and walked out. I'm actually turning red again just thinking about him. He's just so, ugh, perfect. I got my wallet and walked to Kevin's truck. Ryder was in the front seat so I hopped in the back and pretended to scroll through Instagram because I totallyyyy wasn't listening to their conversation. Anywayss, I pretend you be on my phone while ease dropping. (No big deal)

  "So, what's the deal with Tiffany?" Kevin asked.

  "We broke up," Ryder shrugged, "she was with Leo again and when I asked her about it she apologized, but I've heard that story again, so I ended it like two weeks ago." What I got from that is ... He's single!! We got to Ryder's house and Kevin said they were going to go in for a bit and ryDER INVITED ME INSIDE!!

  "Yeah, sure," I shrugged getting out of the truck. We walked down a stone path and into a beautiful, ranch styled home. I walked behind them, but as we approached the door, Ryder held the door open for me and I don't know why exactly, but I melted as heat raced to my skin once again.