I'll always be here ya know...

I do not own Naruto unfortunately. Oh yea there is more than in the sample. I needed my readers on

edge hehehehehenehe....

Death. That's all I could see. Everyone I knew was dead right in front of me and there was nothing I could do.Something, I'm not sure what, was keeping me in my place. I was terrified, so scared that I couldn't hold back a scream, but my cry came out muted. The darkness that took friends away came closer to me, but I still couldn't move, nor could I make a sound. I thought I was gonna die. The darkness came closer and closer until...

"TenTen." I heard a familiar voice say. I jumped out of my place and looked around. I was in the forest. I decided to train by myself; I guess I fell asleep I finished training.

Neji was the one who called me. I looked at him. He looked at me with his pearl-colored eyes. I saw a small, if-not-none look in his eyes that shown concern.(ok I apologize for the corny, unoriginal story, I just wanna get this off my book... not my  death notebook that I dont have...) His eyes showed such intensity that I had to turn my head.

I decided to look at the beautiful stars. Unfortunately, it was hard to witness the beauty of the stars  with his stare. (ahem glare)

"What," I questioned and glared back at him.

"You screamed," he stated bluntly. I did? But I thought- never mind I remember. I unconsciously shuddered.

Neji raised a eyebrow. "It's nothing. I'm just cold." That's the lie of the century. Just because the sun was down doesn't mean it wasn't working its magic. It is hot!

He seemed to let that slide because he changed the subject. "That doesn't explain why you screamed," He stated, glaring at me with even more intensity.

My gaze faltered. I really didn't want to tell him about my nightmare; Its a sign of weakness and we all know Neji hates weaknesses. I tried to think of an excuse for why I screamed; It wasn't working. I mean there isn't much you can think of other than losing my mind. And Neji glaring at me isn't helping.

"I... don't know what you're talking about. And even if I did, why do you care?" That's the best I could come up with. Unfortunately, he didn't look satisfied. (does he ever?)

I was hoping that he cared at least a small portion of my well-being. But at last, this is Neji hyuga we're talking about, and his answer reminded me of that.

"Because I need a teammate that has not lost their mind, and you screaming is not helping that," he said in his cold tone. Bastard! Why not say 'because you're my teammate and I want to make sure you're ok' but no, he just has to be the bastard he is.

"Forget it, it's not important. 'Not like you care anyways. Sorry for bothering you," I said and started to get up. However, before I could steady myself, he grabbed me by my wrist and brought me to my previous spot.

"What the hell was that for?"

"We're not done talking. Why were you screaming." it's funny he is pestering me when he know he doesn't care.

"It doesn't matter ok? Leave me alone," I stated and unconsciously bit the inside of my mouth. He seemed to be unsatisfied, but I saw a glint in his eyes... amusement?( oh no... a happy neji is a scary neji... worst than mad neji)

"You're a horrible liar. You bite the inside of your mouth when you lie. " I do," I questioned. I don't remember doing that.... He nodded his head smirking

"whatever that's not the point. I don't want to talk about it anyways," I stated " you laugh anyways." not that the dreams were funny or something, but for someone like Neji, it would be drop-dead hilarious. That is if he ever laughs.

He raised his eyebrows and questioning then they fell back into place. "Try me." Why must you make things so complicated? Well I guess there is no way out...

"Uh... Well, you see, I think because..."

"Get on with it," he commanded.

"Ok... I might have had a nightmare?" I didn't mean for it to come out as a question, but when someone like Neji is staring (cough cough GLARING)   at you stuff like that starts happening.

There was a silence, an awkward silence might I add. I think this is worse than my dream. No, I know its worse. The idea, no fact of making a fool of myself in front of Neji is worse than death, yes, worse than death.

Before I make a bigger fool of myself (is that possible?) I'm going to go move to suna, change my name to Natsumi and change everything about me, except for the weapons... Love the weapons. I got up but a  hand brought me down again.

"You should really  wait until someone talks before you walk away."

"Why would I do that when I already know what you're going to say already," I said not looking at him. All of a sudden, I was pulled into Neji's arm. His face was so close to mine I thought I'd faint. I'm also pretty sure my face was beet-red.

"Do you," he questioned. I could feel and smell his breath on my face. Minty  (sorry, didn't know how I would add that in heheh.)

"Yes. I do,"I replied. that was a lie. I'm not sure what he's going to say anymore.

"Well, did you know I would say that I have nightmares too?" I blinked. That I didn't know. I mean, i'm aware of his family problems, but it didn't come to me that he would have nightmares.

"You didn't know about that did you? My nightmares aren't about my family Tenten." I blinked again.

"My nightmares about losing you guys, Lee, Gai sensei, you, and everyone else."

"Oh.. I just thought-" Neji cut me off

"That I wouldn't have any nightmares? You know that even the strongest have nightmares." I pulled away.

"Why are you trying to comfort me? You made it obvious that you don't care"

"I'm not lying. I didn't mean that. If I really didn't care, would I be here talking to you."

"Yeah right, and there's a cameraman behind that bush. I'm not falling for it," I yelled. I know that's not something Neji would do, but I was too busy crying. I turned around and ran.

However, before I got too far, Neji turned me to face him, grabbed my shirt and kiss me passionately. I slowly began kissing him back.

He pulled away and looked at me in the eyes.

"I love you and I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I will always be here for you. That means even comforting you."

I cried into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me, while I cried. When I finally stopped, (it was only 10 minutes later) I looked up at Neji and smiled.

"I think you could also have someone to comfort you too. If that's the case, I'll always be here ya know," I replied cheekily.

"I know you will, and I'll hold you to it," Neji remarked and kissed me on the head.

Finally i've finished!! I told you there will be more...A lot more... well I hope you like it. Sorry about the end. I got lazy and thus creating a corny ending. Don't forget to comment or vote

JaNe!