Prologue

Hi everyone

So thought I'd do a little house keeping first. This story is set 6 months after my other story, Everything Changes. If you haven't read that, then I'd recommend you do so, as it's only short and it explains the events that happen before this story.

Now on with the show.

_______________________________

Talon outpost- location unknown.

The forestry moved slightly as a light breeze blew across the area. Birds went about their business and the sky was clear of clouds. It took a well trained eye, or someone looking for it, in order for the outpost to be found. It was hidden well, most of it underground while a small section of a metal building could be located amongst the trees.

The outpost was one of Talon's main facilities for holding prisoners, aimed at extracting information from them. Recently however, Moira had commandeered the base, using it for her experiments and the prisoners as her unfortunate lab rats.

That was until last night. Now the facility lay broken, the lights flickering and darkening the outpost. An entire underground section was left consumed by smoke as a fire raged near the main generator. The main entrance was forced open and dead Talon soldiers and scientists were scattered all around the base.

Reaper walked alone through the damaged outpost, the lights flickering as he advanced towards the control centre. Moira wasn't at the outpost at the time, so no one knew what had occurred to cause the outpost to go silent. Therefore, Talon had deployed Reaper to find out exactly what had happened.

That wasn't the only reason Reaper was here however. Both Sombra and Widowmaker were stationed at this outpost and both had failed to check in after the base fell silent. While Widow had been deployed a few days earlier, she should have returned by now. No one questioned it when Doomfist ordered Reaper to personally investigate. Two of their best agents were currently MIA and they had no intel on the current situation. Reaper was an obvious choice.

As Reaper reached his destination, he groaned in annoyance. The doors were heavily damaged and stuck half open. With so little power, any ordinary person trying to enter the command centre would have to force the heavy doors open. Fortunately, Reaper was no ordinary man. Black smoke formed around him as he flew though the gap in the door, reappearing inside the command centre.

The place was a mess. The base commander lay dead across the main console, while several other troopers lay around the command centre. Reaper approached the main terminal, grabbing the dead commander and pulling him up, before letting his body fall to the ground. By some miracle the console was still working, so Reaper began typing away to find the status report on the base. It took him a few moments to enter the password, kindly provided by Moira, before he opened up the report.

Emergency protocol in effect.

Emergency power online.

Emergency lockdown in effect.

"That didn't achieve much." Reaper said aloud as he continued reading.

Alert- Catastrophic system failure, generator malfunction. Manual restart required.

All prisoners detected outside of cells, all security forces to the detention level.

VIP prisoners 1 and 2 are detected outside of cell, security to the high security wing.

Alert- armoury breached, security are advised to fire at any armed prisoners.

Reaper closed down the console, conserving what little power the base had left. It was clear now what had happened. The prisoners had escaped, got into the armoury and shot the place up, killing anyone who was in the way. Yet, how did they manage to escape in the first place? Reaper had his suspicions but he didn't jump to any conclusions yet.