Chapter 1: Meeting Our World

~•May's POV•~

"Hey Riles," I said as I walked into my best friend, Riley's room.

"Hey what's up?" Said Riley.

"Oh nothing, soo you wanna do something fun while we're not in school?" I said.

"Depends, what is it?"

"I'm gonna show you the subway." I told her(btw she's never taken the subway before).

"Ooh sure, but i don't know if my parents will let me." Says Riley.

"Don't worry about it." I tell her.

"We'll just sneak out your bay window."

"Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" She says.

So I ask her "You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?"

"I think I'm ready."

"Let me see your face as you walk by your parents." I tell her.

Then she makes a worried/scared face.

So I try to show her what I mean and I imitate what I'm believing her parents would say to her if she made that face. "Why are you making that face at us Riley?"

Her answer is, "Because I'm sneaking onto the subway."

~•Riley's POV•~

Then we stare at each other for a minute and we both just know we're on the same page. And so I say, "Out the window." And of course us being on the same page, May agrees with me by saying "Let's go."

Then we find my dad outside my bay window. And come back inside.

Then my dad says, "Here's what I'm thinking, it's not your world yet, it's still my world."

"How long do I have to live in my father's world?"

Then he says, "Until you make it yours, you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead, make it yours."

Then I say, "We will, and when we do will you still be there for us?"

Then my mom comes to my room and says. "Right here, we'll be right here."

And with that May and I leave my room and go into the world.