Chapter 1: " Welcome Home, Mate."

The weather changed within seconds, shifting from a sunny day to pouring rain and dark clouds covering the sky.

"Seems like someone had told the weather, start pouring down cause I am coming back, right?." He couldn't help but talk to himself in a sarcastic manner.

The young boy, emerging from his hoodie, glanced at the sky while holding an umbrella to shield himself from getting wet.

"Perhaps returning here wasn't the best choice. Even the weather doesn't seem to welcome me," Caleb remarked, smirking at the sky. He paused, looked down at his luggage, and tightly gripped his umbrella as the rain intensified.

Walking at a normal pace, Caleb received a message from a pack member through the link they have made in their minds.

"Caleb." the pack member inquired.

It was Jack, the beta's son and second in command to be of the pack. His position would be permanent after today's ceremony.

"Yes?." Caleb responded.

"Should I send someone to escort you?" Jack asked.

"I'm not a kid anymore," Caleb complained, abruptly halting his steps. Jack sighed, clearly concerned about him.

"I understand, but please return safely. We've heard reports of rogues roaming around there." Jack warned as he was concerned for him, and Caleb nodded in response.

The mind link was severed, and Caleb found himself alone on the street. The entire town's population was gathered in the pack's grand hall, where the ceremony to determine the next Alpha was taking place. Caleb was forced to come back to this place he despised the most.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Caleb, an omega. I used to be a part of the Blue Moon pack until they discovered I was an omega. The position of the next Alpha, which should have been mine, was handed over to my younger twin, Joshua Addison. To them, I was deemed nothing more than a useless omega; a mere weakling." He could help but take a deep sigh. He needed this today.

Today marks his eighteenth birthday along with his twin, a day when we are supposed to find their mate. He was not particularly excited about it since he didn't want a female Alpha to claim him.

"I belong only to myself!." He firmly told himself. This was already the twenth time that he was reminding himself of this.

Additionally, the ceremony was to determine the next Alpha will take place today, and his younger twin will officially snatch everything away from him. Though he did so already.

"Congratulations to me." He tried to cheer himself up but how fake happiness can every bring anything good to your door.

"Should I be happy about it?. Definitely not." He rephrased his thoughts again.

It has been a long time since Caleb has returned here. His parents sent him to another pack when he was only six years old, a helpless pup who didn't know how to stand up for himself. Becoming an omega was the worst thing that happened to him because everyone around him thought so.

His entire world changed because of it. He never forget what they did to him just to uphold their cold pride and he never will.

But that doesn't matter now. He was no longer an innocent six-year-old. He has his own pack now, who provided comfort when he needed family the most. They accepted him when his own family didn't.

They taught him how to defend myself against Alphas. Everything he had today is thanks to them, as they never treated him as just a weak omega.

They considered him a human first which was basic.