eleven

+

+

I took the scroll from the Leaf shinobi's hand, raising a brow at the sight of it. I gave it a little twirl. "Heaven scroll, huh?"

I cried out as the scroll was snatched from my hand. Katsu held it far away from me, other hand extended and waggling a finger in my face. "Nuh uh, Ko-chan. With your short temper and rash decision making? There's no way we'd let you be the one to hold the scroll."

I made a face. "What? Like we should give the scroll to the weakest member of the squad? If someone tries to take you by surprise for the scroll, what are you gonna do? Surely you're not gonna throw a senbon at them. Not to mention you still don't know how to use your Katana correctly."

I jabbed my thumb over my shoulder toward Ryuu. "and don't tell me you're thinking about giving it to him either. He's got the intelligence of a rock. Knowing him, he would put us in hot water by doing something stupid like dropping the scroll by accident."

Ryuu shook his head, silver hair flopping around with the rapid movement. He held his hands up in the air and backed up a few steps. "Hey, hey I don't want to hold it! You two can fight over it or somethin.... I don't trust myself with that thing."

Katsu sighed, holding the scroll up by his head. He glanced at it out of the corner of his eye, before looking back to me. He was really thinking hard about whether or not he should entrust the scroll to me. I wasn't sure why he was wasting brain power doing such a thing.

I was the obvious choice after all.

I raised a brow and tilted my head to the side, hair falling over my eyes. I held my hand out and made a 'give it here' motion. "C'mon. Let's go. Hand it over."

Katsu stared at me for a moment, before letting out a deep sigh. He lowered the scroll and handed it to me. "Fine. You carry it. Just... don't lose it."

I snorted, reaching into my Kunai pouch. "You really didn't think I would keep the scroll out by itself, did you?"

I pulled out a sealing scroll and gave it a little wave, before bending down. I unrolled it in one fluid motion, before sealing the Heaven scroll inside it.

"Hm. Haven't seen anyone pull a trick like that yet." The shinobi we received the scroll from stood on their toes and peered over the counter. They grunted in approval. "I gotta give it to you kid. That's a neat trick."

"I didn't know you were smart enough to think of something like that, Ko-chan." Katsu added onto the shinobis comment with a smirk. He placed a hand on his waist.