Chapter XVII

I think what hurts most is when
You give your all to someone.
Through thick and thin, you're there for them.
You stick with them, no matter what.

Then one day they just give up.
They won't even fight for you.
The one thing you would never have done,
They did with no hesitation.

The stormy days at hogwarts we're always the worst for Bailee

The stormy days at hogwarts we're always the worst for Bailee. It definitely did not help the fact that she was broken in more than one way.

The day after Bill and Bailee's fight, the ladder didn't talk to him or acknowledge his being in any way. She boarded the train after saying goodbye to Sirius and Molly. No more emotional goodbyes for Bailee.

Every single person who stayed at Grimmauld Place that Christmas could tell that Bailee and Bill were not okay.

Bill was sulking in his own sadness and Bailee felt no emotions.

Bailee was done. She was done with his stupid mind games. She was done with Voldemort's existence. She was done with people asking her if she was okay. She was done with the sympathetic glances she would get from her friends. And most of all, she was done with Bill.

He gave up on her so she gave up on him.

She was done fighting for someone who wouldn't fight for her.

***

Bailee was finishing her homework that was assigned from McGonagall on that January night. She decided to put down her quill for once in her life and think about everything.

Her brain couldn't decide if she wanted to have a panic attack or completely break down.

Whether she liked it or not, one of them was going to happen.

She was carrying everything on her back without realizing it.

She was everyone's emotional support system, even though she couldn't be her own.

She kept pushing them down and deeper until they hit the very bottom of her heart and soul.

All of those emotions build up.

And you can't keep them down forever.

Because eventually you will break.

And that's what happened to Bailee Poppy on that January evening.

She broke.

***

Hermione Granger was on her way to see Bailee, for she had wanted to study with her for OWLS. Harry and Ron were also coming along, God knows they need the help, but they were running a bit behind.