0.

For my part I
know nothing
with any
certainty, but
the sight of the
stars makes me
dream
__________________________________

For my part Iknow nothing with anycertainty, butthe sight of thestars makes medream __________________________________

Samantha Nicole Myers was a dreamer. Every night, since she was a little girl, she would look up at the blue sky, covered in so many stars she hoped that one day one will shine so bright she will know who it belongs to.

"Do you think there's someone out there, mama?" she would ask her mother every chance she got and she always came up with the same answer

" I don't think, baby girl, I know there is someone out there!"

Samantha could only smile to that

"I promise you, mama, one day I'll be able to fly to the stars and get you one! I'll bring you the brighter star there is!  And I will even bring you someone from out there so we can show papa how wrong he was for not believing!" She criss crossed her heart taking that promise to her heart before jumping up and down excitedly, running around her mother as fast as her little legs could let her.

"Slow down, baby girl! First of all you have to finish your education then we can talk about taking you to space, my little astronaut." Laughed her mother catching Samantha and letting her sit on her lap.

" I believe you will do great things, Samantha." Her mother kissed her on her forehead and resumed watching the starry sky with her daughter.

Samantha still remembered that night like it was yesterday. She let a tear caress her cheek before watching it fall to the ground. Her mother always believed in her. She was devastated the day she died. It happened a year after that night. It was unexpected, it was not supposed to happen so soon. Her heart clenched at the memory

" C'mon,mama! It's snowing! Let's go outside and build a snowman!" 7 years old Samantha screamed at the top of her lungs from downstairs but her mother didn't reply. She tried again

"MOM! Did you hear what I said? It's snowing! You love snow! C'mon!" Still nothing.

Samantha huffed and leaned her head against the window watching all the children from her neighbourhood playing with their parents. She tried calling her mother again and still got no answer.

"She's probably getting a shower and can't hear me" she thought and decided to go upstairs to her mother's room.

Jumping up the stairs she stopped in front of her mother's door before gently pushing it open.

" Mama, why are you ignoring me?" She said right before halting her steps.

Right there, in front of her, on the ground, laid her mother, eyes closed, no breathing.

"Mom? Why are you sleeping on the ground? It's cold!" Samantha said while trying to wake her but to no vail. It was too late.

"Mom? Stop, you're scaring me! MOM!" She screamed and screamed while shaking her. Why didn't she wake up?