love story

"I...I just don't want everyone to know yet... I just want to test the waters because... Nevermind" I said

"What? No, it's ok. Whatever you were going to tell me it's ok." she said

"You're going to think I'm crazy... but I've liked you for a long time now."
No going back now I thought.

"Wh-what?... Why didn't you say anything?" she replied

"You were just this shy quiet girl who always kind of hid in the background but I always noticed you. I just couldn't get you out of my mind, you were fascinating to me, how you could blend into a crowd and disappear or you could be smiling and laughing like you didn't have a care in the world. Oh and don't worry I didn't see any of your "subtle" glances at me. But when you glanced at me, you had this look of love and worry like you were always trying to make sure I was ok and I was afraid that someone could look at me like that, someone could actually maybe like me just for me or that someone actually saw me."

She just stood there staring at me.

"Umm, ok" I turned around and started to leave.

She ran forward and wrapped her arms around him.

I stopped walking when I felt her arms wrap around me.

"I like you too" she breathed.

I felt the warm air of her breath tickle against my back.

I stared straight ahead "You do?" I whispered quietly.

"Yeah,... I do" she whispered back.

I turned myself around slowly and held her in my arms.

She spoke softly into his chest.

"I've liked you for a long time too and I didn't know that you saw me or even noticed me. You were always so happy when you were with your friends, and when you walked through the halls you looked so deep in thought with your headphones in. I always wanted to know what you were thinking about, why you always seemed like you were never actually there and where you were."
"I was thinking about you" I whispered into her hair
"How beautiful you looked and how when you were in the hallway you looked like you were on a mission. And how when you smiled my heart warmed to the degree of a thousand suns. When I noticed something was bothering you I wished I could hold you and tell you it would be ok. I fell for you the second I saw you."

"I'm not beautiful" she whispered.

"You're beautiful to me" I whispered and her arms squeezed me closer to her.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed. It's my first time writing something. So any constructive criticism is welcomed.