1

It's a cold morning to be riding a skateboard, but I don't really care.

I keep my hands in the pockets of my worn out black hoodie to retain some kind of warmth.

The rips in my jeans don't exactly help either.

My hair whips around my face, the dulling colours of a rainbow to match the dreaded upcoming winter.

I reach my destination. It's a coffee shop, I mile away from my home. I came to meet my best friend, Sylvia Groves. I've know her since first grade. We were outcasts so we quickly got along.

I pick up my skate board and leave it on the inside of the door.

"Brittney!!"

"Hey sylv!"

I walk to the table she was sitting at, closest to the window to the left of the door.

We continue to talk about mindless subjects as I order a chai tea.

She checks her phone and heads back to the table as I wait for my drink.

As I'm waiting I guy also waiting stands beside me. I can't help but to notice him. He has a specific scent like almonds and nutmeg. He is wearing a leather jacket that looks new and fits perfectly. He also is wearing blue pleated patchwork skinny jeans. His hair is black with purple undertones. I couldn't see his face easily but he had a sharp jawline and soft features.

I didn't realize I was staring so much till he waved at me and gave an awkward smile.

"Sorry..."

"Its ok. I'm Elliot, you are?"

As he finished his sentence my name was called. I grabbed the cup and he gave a small giggle.

"That answers that question ay?"

"Yea."

I knew my face was red but he could've not been already cute then had to giggle and stab my heart.

"So Brittney, do you mind if I tag along and chill out with you and your friend?"

"I don't see why not."

"Alright."

We make our way to the table. Sylvia seems confused so we explain.

"I'm Elliot. Brittney just met me over there." He gestured to the pickup counter. "And she seemed to like my face so was wondering if I could stick around?"

"Well sure, i love to make new friends. I'm surprised Britt talked to you though, she's quite the introvert." She gives a small smile and takes a sip of her Carmel macchiato.

"That's not entirely true, I do talk to people sylv."

"Yea but not random people you stumble upon in a coffee shop."

"So do you guys hang out here all the time? You just seem like you know the place."

"Well I used to go alone in the mornings. Just stop by and get the coffee, but after Britt started waking up at decent hours she joined me."