Chapter 14

When Su Yang rushed into the studio, all the staff members were already in place, the stylist hurriedly dragged him to the dressing room. Director Wang told him about the added part of the story.

“This scene was added by me temporarily, it was an inspiration that came from you.” He pointed to the script and said: “You will be named Sheng Rui, the girl you secretly loved is named Wen Qin who summoned up the courage to confess to your friend, while you are watching by the corner. Improvise you’re acting, understand?”

Su Yang nodded, after his friend rejected the girl’s confession at the beginning of the story, it was this confession that caused a series of misunderstanding summing up to become more ridiculous. Director Wang wanted to add a male perspective here, editing it into a set of flashbacks of memories. This will allow the audience to look into what the male characters see and feel, also making Sheng Rui’s secret love more bittersweet.

Even he has to admit that this kind of play is very skillful, the characterization and plot give the story a nice finishing touch.

He lost his previous dissatisfaction and seriously said: “Yup, I know what to do.”

Director Wang suddenly smiled and patted his shoulder and said: “If it is you, then everything will be fine, I coached for more than 10 years but this is my first time encountering an actor like you, you have that refreshing aura. If in the future we meet again, I’d like it very much if we can have the opportunity to cooperate again.”

“You flatter me too much…”

Su Yang quickly and modestly said a few words but he also knows that Director Wang’s words have a large impact.

He’s not dumb, the original owner hasn’t learned acting, even the basic positioning hasn’t reached his ears yet, if he suddenly becomes too good, people will become skeptical, so although he is better than the average newcomer, his actions don’t warrant enough attention of the upper echelons, good is good, but not to the extent that will attract the special treatment.

Director Wang used this words as a form of appeasement. After all, Su Yang is backed by Fu Zhou. He doesn’t have the same status as others, if he wants to ask for more scenes, providing him a few is inevitable.

After these two people were done exchanging words, Director Wang left to do other things, Su Yang carefully built up his characters state of mind.

A youth’s secret love that he just suddenly became aware of, was dealt a heavy blow by reality. If it was anyone else, they will feel insecure and frustrated and will most likely rather chose to abandon this girl but not Sheng Rui, he chose to silently wait.

This gentle yet a bit stupid kid, the boy will likely be shocked, disappointed and sad but he won’t grieve.

He stared at his face in the mirror, there was a faint powder on his cherry colored lips. The scent of flowers was thick, the stylist was helping him with his hair.

He turned his head and said: “The cheeks are white and lips should be lighter. It’s better if we make it look my face look bleak.”

Seeing the stylists was a bit surprised, Su Yang smiled at her slightly, this girl is not that old, her face was red, she probably has a busy schedule.

Although it’s winter, the scene was supposed to take place in late summer, Su Yang was wearing a thin white shirt, rolled up sleeves and standing in the cold, the black school uniform outlined his two long, slender legs, the wind, ruffling his clothes, occasionally brushing his slim waist.