Chapter 23

Wángyé () – Brother of the Emperor. Referring to Jing Cheng.

Róng Qīnwáng (亲王) – Prince (of the first Rank) Rong. Jing Cheng’s current title.

Róng Wángfēi (荣王妃) – Wife of Prince Rong. Referring to Su Yang.

Róng () – Glory/honour

Fūjūn (夫君) – Husband

Candlelight flickered and danced on the walls of the large, barren room, as Su Yang was forced to lean against Jing Cheng’s shoulder. He didn’t expect that this icicle of a man would actually have such a warm body temperature.

He soon realized, it wasn’t that Jing Cheng’s body was particularly warm, it was his own body that was growing progressively colder.

It felt like he had been tossed out into a screaming blizzard, his body invaded by a deep, biting chill. His limbs grew stiff from cold, the rush of his blood seemed to slow down, and frost even began forming on his eyelashes.

——There’s something wrong with this chain!

What does Jing Cheng intend to do? Kill him? Or slowly torture him to death?

Terror seized Su Yang’s heart. One couldn’t blame him for being frightened, Jing Cheng carried with him the heavy aura of death and bloodlust, the number of lives he has taken with his own hands number in the hundreds if not the thousands. If this man really means him ill, he wouldn’t even have the chance to struggle.

As he wept in his heart, his body began shivering uncontrollably. Like an upset child, he whined softly: “Fūjūn, Yu-er is very cold…..”

Su Yang excelled at using every advantage this body has to offer; he pitched his voice a little higher, making it sound sweet and clear and brimming with a youthful timbre.

With Tao Ziyu’s sweet voice, his way of speaking in short sentences, and the occasional spoiled tone, it brought out the soft tenderness of a child.

“So cold, am I dying…..”

The word ‘Fūjūn’ was laced with a hint of distress, sounding sweetly pleading as it left his lips, his cheek rubbing gently against Jing Cheng’s shoulder. His exquisitely lovely face was a little panicked, the delicate curve of his petal-like lips slowly losing colour, turning pale as well .

Faced with this sight, even a heart made of stone would be moved to pity.

However……

The cold blooded Wángyé merely stroked Su Yang’s head, and said, “Don’t be afraid, winter is coming, I will send for some quilts to be delivered over tomorrow.”

Su Yang: “…….”

Do you really take me for a fool! Spring has obviously only just arrived!

But he could only nod his head, beaming happily.

Jing Cheng paused, then added: “If you’re really afraid of the cold, I have a way.”