Chapter one

Lance's POV

Red's mouth opened to let me out, and I cherished every last minute of that last battle, because it would be my last. Shiro's back now, so Keith will want Red back after he takes back Black. I know Blue won't take me back, she doesn't like me anymore, besides, her bond with Allura is stronger than ours ever was. Thinking about all of this, I felt my eyes start to tear up, and I noticed I was the first one out of their lions. To make sure nobody would see me cry, I dropped my helmet and booked it for the door. Just before the door closed, I heard what sounded like Black's roar, and rapidly moving footsteps towards Red's hangar. The door closed and I snapped back to reality and ran to my room. I quickly changed into my clothes, tears rolling down my cheeks every now and then. I sat down on my bed and just thought about how I really am just a seventh wheel. I felt tears sting the backs of my eyes again, and it felt like I just dry swallowed a pill, and I knew, I was about to cry.

No one likes you, not even Blue. I lay down in my bed as quiet sobs escaped my mouth. You should leave them. they'd be better off without you. I rolled over and curled into a fetal position, pulling the blankets over my head. You just annoy them. Face it, you're useless. I sobbed slightly louder. A waste of space. Ironic. I get out of my covers and head for my bathroom. I pull out the pocket knife I had and walked back over to my bed. I rolled up my sleeves and looked at my already painfully dressed wrists. After unravelling the bandages from last night, I tossed them to the ground. Picking up the knife, I swiftly sliced my wrist open once again, just under one from last night. I would have sliced my thighs again, but they were already littered with scars. With each depressing thought I had, I sliced again. They would be so much better off if you were dead. I sliced after each word. Before I knew it, my arm was covered up to my elbow, and there was a mix of tears and blood on the ground beside me.

I stared down at the floor in complete horror. Why did i do this? What if the others find out? It will just stress them out more. What have I done? I quickly got up to bandage my cuts, then to clean my floor. I put on my jacket, fixed it so it wouldn't show my bandages, and then I went to go find some painkillers because DAMN my arm hurt like hell. It usually stings a shit ton, but today it hurts so much worse. I walked into the kitchen and went over to the medicine cabinet. Luckily no one was in the room, so I started digging for the meds. "Lance? What are you doing?" Keith. Shit. "I umm, i'mmm, gah, fuck it. I'm looking for painkillers okay?" He raised an eyebrow. "why? What happened?" I would have been screwed, but I came up with the perfect excuse. "I hit my head on red's dash earlier. My head still hurts so I'm looking for painkillers." he looked on warily. "alright. But you're looking on the wrong shelf. they're on the second shelf, Lance." I looked to the second shelf and indeed, there they were. "O-oh, uh, thanks mullet-man" he rolled his eyes, but smiled and walked away. Yes! He bought it! I popped two pills in my mouth and had some water. My arm was already feeling better, so I decided to go watch a movie with Hunk and Pidge.

We decided to watch a movie that we used to always watch together back at the garrison, we didn't really give a quiznak what people thought of us for loving 'Mean Girls' and 'Clueless'. After watching both movies, which ended in all three of us in tears, because of how much we missed earth, I remembered that my helmet is still in Red's Hangar, so I decided to go get it. I walked into Red's hanger and walked to where I had dropped my helmet. It wasn't there. " Looking for this?" I froze.

Keith's POV(Overlapping)

That last battle was fun, I just hope no one got injured. It was also kind of intense. I noticed Red and her pilot were a little off today, and I wondered why. I stepped out of Black, and I heard a clank. My head whipped to where I heard it. Lance. It came from Red's Hangar. Black must have noticed that I was worried, because he let out a not-so-subtle roar, and I started running to Red's hangar. The door just barely touched home when I got to his helmet. I picked it up and stared at it. Oh, Lance, What happened now? I watched the door until Hunk and Pidge ran up behind me. "We heard Black roar so we went to his hangar but you were over here, Keith why are you in Red's hangar?" Hunk asked. I turned around and looked at them blankly while holding Lance's helmet close to my chest. They looked at the helmet then back at me. "Keith, what happened?" Pidge asked. I looked her dead in the eye and almost telepathically told her I have no idea. The three of us watched the door until Hunk got hungry, and Pidge wanted to go back to give Green some new upgrades.

I went back to my room and put Lance's helmet on my bed. You don't know how much I care about you, do you? God. I wish you knew about that time you accidentally hurt yourself training, and I had to leave before I went crazy and slaughtered that goddamn robot. I decided to go train, so I left my room and began walking. When I was passing the kitchen I heard someone repeatedly saying 'ow'. I walked in and there lance was. "Lance?" I ask quietly, "What are you doing?" he was going through our medicine cabinet. "I umm, I'mmm, gah, fuck it. I'm looking for painkillers okay?" I raised an eyebrow. I noticed his eyes were really red and kind of puffy like he'd been crying. "Why? What happened?" I swear to god if something hurt him... " I hit my head on red's dash earlier. My head still hurts so I'm looking for painkillers." I looked at him warily. "alright. But you're looking on the wrong shelf. they're on the second shelf, Lance." I said, giving him space. I didn't want to push it too hard. He looked to the second shelf. "O-oh, uh, thanks mullet-man." I smiled and rolled my eyes, and began to walk away.

Before continuing on to the training room, I went to the lounge where I found Hunk and Pidge. Perfect. "Hey guys." they answered quietly with a 'hey'. "look. Lance just hit his head on red's dash earlier. I don't exactly believe it, but don't pressure him, okay?" they responded with a nod, and I left to the training room in just enough time, because I heard Lance's footsteps. I trained for nearly two hours and decided to go to red's hangar, in case lance would go back to look for his helmet. I quietly sat down in a corner of the same wall the door was on. About ten minutes later, Lance came running into the room. He ran over to a spot just in front of red. I silently got up and walked over to him. "Looking for this?"