Sneak peek?

"Are you alright?" I asked, breathless. My running spree had cost me not only my new phone and groceries, but it had saved a life and a murderous hit-and-run. Besides, I had had worse happen to me and not by my own hands. I was very much grateful for my misfortune to be due to my own actions.

"Hands off." He growled, being unusually in control of his body despite being in severe shock.

I checked his body again. His severely shaking limbs and hands had stilled and become eerily loose and unmoving. As if he were prepared to do anything at any time.

"Sir, please. You're hurt," I insisted, moving close to wipe blood from his forehead. Instead, I wince in pain and fall into his hard chest.

At that moment, I hated that feeling, but I now learned to love and cherish that feeling, the feeling of being enveloped by the man you loved.

He hisses and I scramble from him and apologized profusely as I quickly set to finishing my job, cleaning his forehead and checking for any other wounds.

"Please contact me if you have any more injuries. I'm a trauma surgeon working in hospital across the street." I mumbled as I fumbled through my things to hand him one of my business cards.

"I'm really sorry, but my shift starts in two minutes and it's mandatory for surgeons to be at least five minutes early, I have already arranged for a few of my colleagues to come and check you out in case you need any further assistance!" I called out to him, running across the street and into my next shift and scolding.

Had I stayed, I would have found out his name was Drew. Had I stayed, I would have heard him call and beg his father to remove me from the Death List and moved onto the Mercifulfilled list.

And had I had the mind to check, I would have learned the only Drew in the city not only belonged to one of the biggest crime syndicates of the city, but would own it in a matter of years.

Hi, so I'm the author. Very nice to not meet you but to greet you. I'm thinking to help develop our main girl (whose name is Adelaide and there is a reason behind that as well), I've decided her main song will be 'On My Own' from Les Miserables. It suits her love story in a way and her life as well. Please read on and tell me your thoughts of the story (even though at the time of publishing this is the only part)! Thank you!