Afternoon Naps

Was there anything better than an after-school nap?

Okay, Eleonora could think of better after-something nap situations, but an after-school nap was still pretty good. Especially an after-school nap in Edoardo's bed, wrapped up in his arms.

It was pretty close to the other after-something nap she was thinking of, but nevermind that.

Eleonora stretched, trying not to wake Edoardo up as she did. She turned over so she was facing him, wrapping an arm around his waist and resting her head back on his arm resting underneath her.

She couldn't help the smile that grew on her face as she watched him sleep. He looked so peaceful, with his annoyingly long lashes and that one disobedient curl that always lay on his forehead. Eleonora reached out one hand to brush it away to the side, smirking when it fell right back to where it had been.

She moved her hand down, tracing her finger gently over the chain around his neck until it disappeared under the thin cotton t-shirt he was wearing.

Moving her hand back up to his face, she brushed her thumb against his cheek. There was a faded-looking freckle under his left eye, and she grazed the tip of her finger lightly over it.

He was stupidly pretty.

Edoardo's arm around her tightened. "Are you watching me sleep?"

Eleonora tensed and pulled her hand away, not expecting to get caught, but quickly relaxed. "No, that would be weird."

"Not weird. Perfectly acceptable. Who wouldn't stare at me?"

Eleonora rolled her eyes, even though she knew he couldn't see. God he was cocky.

She reached out her hand again, brushing the strand of his hair away from his forehead again with the same result.

"I like it when you play with my shitty hair."

Eleonora gave him a muffled giggle in response. He was never going to let that comment go, was he? Edoardo finally opened his eyes, pulling her closer by the arm around her waist. He leant in, pressing a kiss to her cheek before burying his face in her shoulder and making a sound of contentment that made her grin.

She hitched her leg over his thigh, wanting to be as close as possible to him. He pressed a kiss to her neck and she tried to ignore the way her stomach flipped in response. Her shirt had come untucked from her shorts in her sleep and his hand on her waist slipped underneath it to rest on the small of her back, pressing her against him so there was no space between them. It felt like her body was on fire, overheating in response to his touch. It wasn't like that was a new reaction, though. The things he did to her.

They stayed like that for a long moment, Eleonora resisting the urge to fall asleep again.

Edoardo's nose brushing against her jaw jolted her firmly out of her sleepy state, his lips dragging gently up her neck and to her cheek. He pressed several kisses there before moving his attention to her lips.

"I have morning breath" Eleonora complained, moving her lips away from his and hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Is it morning breath if it's the afternoon?"

Eleonora giggled. "I don't know."

He brushed his nose against her cheek, pressing a kiss there before trying to find her lips again. "We both have it, kiss me."

She tried not to smile, but failed. He was such a dork. She pulled back to look at him, running her hand from his waist up his chest and to the side of his face. She tenderly pulled his face to hers, pressing her lips to his. He grinned against her lips, rolling over so her was on top of her and pressing her into the bed. Well, okay then.