thirteen

+

+

I couldn't conceal my shock as Naruto ran straight for the creepy bastard without any hesitation. He was worked up over something, that much I could tell. What he was worked up over however, I had little idea. What I did know though, was the annoying orange was going to get himself killed if he tried to take the guy out.

He stood no chance against him. Even I knew that.

The snake bastard began forming seals, fingers moving so fast my eyes couldn't keep up. If it wasn't for the surge of chakra coming from him, then I really wouldn't have known he was making seals at all. To the regular eye, all it looked like was a blur of movement.

The incredible speed this guy had was still absolutely crazy to me, and it was difficult to believe anyone could match Momo Sensei's. I didn't want to believe it.

Then, if it wasn't already bad enough, a huge ass snake appeared underneath him, white cloud of smoke bubbling around the pair.

Now, I had slaughtered a couple of this dudes snakes already. But this one? It was massive. I had never seen anything at such a crazy size, and I was sure it could squash me without any effort. Talk about becoming a human pancake.

Local Kumogakure Kunoichi crushed by giant snake!

I grit my teeth at the fake headline, already imagining my old man learning of my death from a fucking magazine.

I clenched the hilt of my tanto, knuckles turning a paper white from my death grip. If I held the blade any tighter I wouldn't have been surprised if I lost all feeling to my damn fingers. But, my strong sense of intuition was telling me that losing all feeling to my fingers temporarily wasn't going to be the most of my worries during this fight.

The snake recoiled it's head, before slapping Naruto away like he was a measly fly. He cried out in pain and coughed blood as he sailed through the air, red liquid dribbling down his chin.

"Naruto!" Sasuke and Sakura cried out in unison, both appearing to be nothing short of horrified. They both seemed to want to do something to help their teammate. Whether it was hands curled around their respective weapons or just how alarmed they looked, they both showed some sort of sign that they cared.

But me? I found that I just... didn't.

Or maybe I did. But I just didn't care enough to throw myself into danger for him.

Pressing my lips into a firm line, I found my limbs just... wouldn't move. I didn't want to move to help him. Because if I did... then I would be put in danger.