chapter 1: may 14, 2019

Because of my superior grades my whole life. Today is my last day of 12th grade. Soon I will be attending an amazing college in NY and hopefully become a rockette. The 9th period bell rings, the whole school screams as we get on the bus. I sit next to Gino, my boyfriend, as he gives me a non-passionate kiss on the lips. "Babe, you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I reply. Truth is I'm not fine. I don't feel any passion when I'm with Gino. None at all. We sit in silence until the bus pulles up to my house and I get off the bus. I walk up my driveway, grab the mail, and walk inside. As I look through the mail I see a pink envelope with my name on it. I open it up and theres an invitaion inside. "You are invite to Mackenzie Ziegler's 15th birthday party" Mackenzie? I haven't seen her since Dance Moms ended... why would she invite me. With the recent passing away of my Dad, my mom is working overtime, and Clara's at summer camp. I grab my Iphone 18 and text Mackenzie, I haven't done this in years. "Hey Kenz, miss you. Just wanted to say I'm coming to your party! xoxo -Chloe." She responds with, "Can't wait to see you chlo-bird." Noone calls me that anymore. Not anymore.