𝓒𝓵𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶

𝓒𝓵𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮:𝓡𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

The rough braying of drill Sargents, Platoon officers and other men of rank within the military could be heard from outside. The thunderous marching of small squads and larger platoons soon overpowering the many voices that shouted in a reply to the instructions given to them. Ah.. this was the usual for the one named "Gideon", 𝐻𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈. It was home for the one eyed charmer who devoted himself to his work as expected of him from long line of family members who also devoted themselves to the service. His attire consisting of his suit, decorated in his shoulder guard and lower armor, his lanyard and most importantly, his beautiful designed sword which was with him from day one of his deployment: simple pommel, simple hilt, simple guard and.. a simple blade. Simplicity itself was very beautiful and simplicity best describes this rather complex soul as odd as it may seem.

Thumpity thump , the heels of his boots jarred against the floor as he  marched towards his superior who awaited him with news and orders.
His long arm reached forward and pressed his palm that wore a beautiful black glove that reached just up to his wrist pushed the door open which revealed an empty desk far too dirtied and littered with paper works and stationary along with a few miscellaneous items and a Commander with his hands behind his back staring out at the dreadful activities being conducted outside.
"You have requested my presence, Sir?" Gideon would state firstly and offer to the commander a well deserve and much necessary salute. His leg sharply and quickly raised up Infront of him parallel to the floor and followed through downwards to meet heel to heel with his other foot. His back straightened, chin up and right arm shooting out Infront bringing his hand to his eyebrow, palm facing outward completing the gesture of respect.
The shorter... almost pudgy man turned to 'Gideon' and held a palm outward as if asking him to stop.
"At ease." He said before lowering his hand back at the resting position behind him.
"Miurie, it had been years since Lillian.. but you still have not moved on. You buried yourself in work and pushed away others including your friends. You are not taking care of yourself and it shows. Effective immediately you are placed on a three-month leave to take care of yourself."
"But Sir I do not believe that such action is necess-"
"Do not question me, Miurie. Get out, go home and I will see you ninety days from tomorrow." The commander spoke in a strict tone.
"Yes sir." 'Gideon' replies hesitantly and turned swiftly upon his heels a perfect one-eighty degrees and left the room. With a hanging head and an airy audible sigh, the tall raven maned man left the building and soon would exit his workplace.

Perhaps home wasn't the place he wanted to be right now, but he was left with no choice. The cobblestone paths that lead up to his home was somewhat relaxing as he didn't have to listen to loud bellowing voices. Just friendly chitchat amongst women, laughter of children and that soothing sound of horseshoes against the stone pathway. Admittedly it was a very nice change of atmosphere. Maybe it won't be so bad..
he looked at the upcoming house and sighed softly. Memories of that night with her played like flashbacks and although it left unsavory and bitterness in his mouth, he still had no choice but to pretend like nothing happened and move on with his life.
Walking up to his front door, his foot kicked something that almost made him tripped ; a dusty pair of dance shoes.
"Did I..did I forgot to throw this out?" He bent his knees and lowered himself to pick the shoes up and entered his home. He turned it over for inspection wondering if to throw it out or not and stared at something that brought old memories from another painful yet happy part of his life.

Both the welt and the heel were worn in an odd manner. It was practically falling apart but nevertheless, memories of the Lovelace Dance Studio ran through his mind just as fast as he can run away from his own problems now. Still staring at the items, he opened his door and walked inside the house. The empty space Allowed shadows to dance in the area, just like he once did. For whatever reason.. it managed to plaster a smile onto his face. An actual genuine smile which was rare for him these days. "The one time I can say I was really happy.. was at my first competition..heh... I wonder if the studio is still open.. maybe..should I..." he pondered about going back.. to be fair.. dance never left his mind, he was just scared of returning back to it for it is as if gravity, and dance was just sucking him in back into it's mischievous hands to toy with him yet again.

Later that day 'Gideon' found himself standing at the front doors of the old yet apparently still open studio and peeked inside the window. The lights were turnt off, the place was fairly clean and there was not a single soul inside. He thought that it was closed for the day but he remembered that the forgetful teacher often left a spare key under the mat.
He chuckled to himself and spoke about how much she hadn't change and such a small memory gave him a notion that he was indeed doing the right thing by coming back. The small rusty key was used to open the locked door and stepped inside. Things really haven't changed.. everything was more or less exactly the same. He closed the door behind him and turned on just one light switch which lit the room bright enough for him to see where he was going even though it was fairly dark still.

After a few stretches were being done To loosen up his muscles, he walked over to the record player and put on his favorite record to dance to. Violin, piano and other beautiful sounding instruments made up a song for the Waltz; a dance which expresses some of his deepest emotions. He could've closed his eyes and gotten lost in the music and allow dance to reclaim his body as it pleases.
Do you know what he did next? He surrendered. He surrendered completely to it and backed away until he his space to dance. His arms extended as if there was someone in them. His steps were long and smooth like a pendulum swaying his hips with the movements he made. His shoulders were lowered making his neck seem longer than it seems. Each muscle working in unison to to carry him through out the dance. His stomach helps pull in his leg at the cost that his back would soon cramp but his next move would pull his inner thigh allowing its completion.

He danced fiercely and ferociously. Passion exuded in his aura and surroundings. It was a angry and sorrowful and happy all at once. They say only few people can see it.. a dancer's shadow doesn't dance alone. So who exactly was it?.. who was it exactly that 'Gideon's ' shadow was dancing with? His turns were so sharp and strong, the sweat would flick off his face and splatter onto the wooden floorboards beneath.
Out of breath and with sweat dripping from his face, he stopped dead in his tracks, the rest of the lights flickered on and a feminine voice spoke.
"How did you get in here!?"
Words were spoken before their eyes met,
"Who the hell are you?" 'Gideon' would retort and reply but when their eyes locked, silence overcame them both, the song ended and their gazes were locked on in at eachother surprised at the beauty of one another.
'Who are you?..' they both thought about the other person as the quiet ensued.