Chapter 1: Youth

{Clementine and AJ spend the night at the train station and the floor door full of food for them to claim. Clem and AJ found cool gadgets to keep them entertained, but not for long.}
____

Clementine sat up on the raw matress of the train station looking at the ceiling then the ticket booth, squinting in discomfort.

Right next to her still fast asleep was AJ, he had on a cozy grey sweatshirt and a pair of white sneakers still holding up. Clem smiled down on his sleeping figure and whispered, "We can't stay here Goofball." They had only been staying there for two nights and Clem thinks they could still find a better home than this.

Looking and listening for any near by noises. Clem shifts getting off the matress in one stand. Walking over to a small mirror, she saw the darkened tired bags underneath her eyes, scratching the back of her neck she looked around for her bag and took it with her to the restroom. Not like the water worked.

Clem looked into her tin canistor, looking to see if there was enough inside "Nope..Fucking empty..I look and feel like shit.." she bit her lip angrily sitting on the tile floor thinking to herself. "We've got plenty of food but no water, if we look along the edge of the forrest there might be a river in this-" "Clem?" there was a short pause as AJ stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Ayee Kiddo, how'd you sleep?" Clementine looked up at the young boy with a bright smile.

"I slept good, sleeping on a mat.. mattress, is better than sleeping in the car." AJ says sitting next to Clem.

"Couldn't say it better myself kiddo." Clementine ruffles his afro with her hand making the boy giggling softly, Clem pulling him into a gentle embrace. AJ cuddling in return.

"But we can't stay here for long AJ.." She sighed, causing AJ to look up as his face fell eyebrows furrowed in a sad manner.

"No one's here..No one's ever anywhere.." He says pouting slightly. Clem thought for a second, She had been through a lot since she left Richmond and had gone to search for AJ, departing with good friend Javier Garcia. She thought of him as a sort of father figure but not as much as Lee, atleast she also got to say goodbye to a friend without being in a dire situation of life and death. It made Clem very determined to raise AJ right.

"AJ, are you saying I'm not someone?" Clem asked squeezing him a little, AJ hugging Clem and looks up into her vivid honey glowing eyes.

"That's not what I mean.." he finishes.

"It's only been me and you on the road, getting that car was...not easy at all. I don't see how we've kept it for this long.." Clem continued, "But we'll find us a home, we keep moving forward." Clem reassures to her little goofball.

Alvin Jr. nodded "Keep moving forward..But when will we get there? To our new home." AJ wondered.

*Growl*~

"That sounds like breakfast." Clem stands up. "Come on let's eat something and pack things up." Clem says throwing on her backpack.

"Okay Clem." AJ smiles getting up aswell walking over to her. "Got your gun?" Clem questions. AJ goes to grab it off of a little table by the mattress and checks to see how many bullets he had left in the small hand gun putting it away.

Clementine grabbed a few granola bars tossing one to him, instantly opening it with eagerness, he was a a little glutton eater and Clem thought it was cute and innocent, at least he still has innocence left in him.

"Okay stay behind me" Clem cautiously grabbed the doorknob opening the door, immediately meeting eye to eye with piercing blue eyes.

"Fuck me.." she swears under her breath and flips out her knife positioning her 'ready' stance. Clem looked closer at the stranger, squinting her eyes blinking a few times. He was some blonde kid with a mullet haircut, looks to be a bit older than her.

He drew his bow just as fast as Clementine drew her own. Looking past him was another young boy weilding what looked like a bat with nails positioning himself as well.

"Calm down, we didn't mean to startle you, we heard you from outside the door, but didn't know how to approach.." He spoke gently a little shaken, his friend peering over his shoulder.

AJ stayed right behind Clementine, examing the situation peering back at the strangers.

"Don't fuck with me, you'll only get one warning." Clementine uttered coldly and rash.

AJ whispers, "What do you want from us?", Clem stood in the doorway to block any entry between them. On guard making eye contact with the freckled faced boy who had dreads face length, his blonde haired friend spoke up.

"We noticed your car, we don't usually see vehicles around here y'know. All we ask is for you to lower your weapon..We don't want anyone getting hurt" he states.

"How about a show of good faith, we lower them at the same time." She demands her voice stern with complete edge.

Everyone lowers their weapons.

Clementine not happy at all one bit, being around others makes her feel indescribable..She's starts off harsh and antagonistic, but she doesn't wish to be in other groups, it felt difficult. Clementine did hope to give AJ the very best home. She sighs out in discomfort relaxing slightly, clearing her throat.

"I'm Clementine..This is Alvin Jr." Clementine directly introduces.
"I'm Marlon and this is my best friend Louis, we don't live far out from here we don't come out this far often." Clem and AJ shooting them a slight questioning expression.

Marlon finishes, "We didn't know there might of been others out this far, even living in this station.." he looks around a bit.

"We don't live far from here..You look pretty young to be out here alone in this shit." Louis states, examing her features and worn out face.

"Oh yeah? Well I've been through worst, the both of us have.." Clem sighs, crossing her arms, gesturing back at the frekcled boy.

He smirks in return, "You don't say? You look like hell." He whips his weapon on his shoulder.

Laid-back type eh? Clem giggled a little inside but was greatly unamused shooting a deep glare, frowning at Louis, who didn't seem to mind her attitude.

Clementine cleared her throat, "Sorry, I'm not used to being around people, it's been a few years since I was with a group.."

"Y-Years..?" Louis studdered, taken back by her response.

"Well, like Louis said, our boarding school isn't far from here. We went out this direction to scavage." He said hands on his hips.

"No Adults, just us troubled youths trying to survive, just like you." Marlon finishes.

"...." Clem thinks to herself for what's best at this point. Her and AJ have plenty of food for weeks and no water, but..it wouldn't hurt for him to be around other people, that's all she wanted for him right?

She looks down at the young boy, who looked back at her with sparkling eyes of wonder. She shot AJ a reassuring look to him that it'll be alright.

"We could use a few hands getting this food." Clementine relaxes slightly stepping aside letting them in.

_______

This took me awhile to put together but I wish I had the energy from when I started it.

Working on part two..