A Strange Little Gift

It was a busy day at the office the telephones would'nt stop ringing!

"Hello?" I answered my desk phone.

" Mr. Stilton? It's Mizzy Mouserson. Remember me?"

"Yes?"I answered my cellphone

" Stilton, it's Andrew Whitetail. About the manuscript..."

On top of the phone calls, every few minutes someone entered my office and i lost my TRAIN of thought. Oh, excuse me! I haven't introduced myself. My name is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton, and i am the publisher of The Rodent's Gazette,, the most famouse newspaper on Mouse Island.

So, I was in my office when an enormouse package entered the room. A familiar snout poked out from behind it.

"Happy birthday, Stilton!"a voice shouted.

It was my friend Hercule Poirat, then famouse detective.

"Birthday?" I repeated. "But today  isn't my birthday!"

"Oh, well,"Hercule replied as he place the package on my desk. "You should take a day off  anyway !"

"Oh, I can't,"I told him. "I have a LOT to do today."

Hercule got closer to my desk.

"Yes, i see that," he said. "You're always here working. You should get out more! A change would be good for you. Come with me to my office."

My whiskers trembled at just the thought of the flea-infested shack Hercule called his office. He is a complete SLOB, snd his office is a total disaster area!

"I'm sorry, I can't,"I told him quickly.

"I really have  to finish this article."

Hercule sighed. "All right, Stilton. I'll go. But first open the gift I got you. Aren't you even a little curious about what's inside?"

- end of  the " A Strange Little Gift"-