Messages

A few weeks after Piper's birthday

Piper's P.O.V

I felt my heart sink in my chest as I read the message. How many more would come before they would just leave me alone! Ricky's footsteps echoed as he thumped up the stairs. My entire body felt paralysed as he turned the handle of my door...

Summer's P.O.V

My phone buzzed from its position: face down on the table. I ignored it at first, because I really needed to nail this hairstyle. And... Done! Stepping back, I looked at myself in the mirror, posing slightly. I looked a mess. My phone buzzed. Again. What if Henry wants to cancel our date!? I rush to open it, and am relieved to find it from an unknown number not Henry. Curiosity forced me to open the messages, yet curiosity did not prepare me for what I would find. The first message, a photo of me, doing my hair, seemingly taken from outside my window. It was captioned: Wow, you are very beautiful. The next message was just as disturbing. It read: Unless you want your pretty face ruined, you will do exactly what I say, or not only will I destroy your life, but everybody who you hold close will pay the price.

Henry's P.O.V

I ring Summer's doorbell, and readjust my tie. A few moments later, Summer opens it, smiling. My breath is taken away by how beautiful she looks. Her lilac dress hung to her knees at the front, but was cut lower at the back. A darker violet colour embroidered the skirt with flowers, and she wore plain white sandals that fastened by her ankle. My girlfriend's hair was twisted into a bun at the back, with delicate curls framing her face. Despite the fact we were due to go to the restaurant in half an hour, she wore no make-up. She didn't need it. I opened my mouth to tell her how amazing she looked, but she cut me off. "I look a mess, I know," Summer sighed, looking crestfallen. "Of course you don't, silly!" I exclaimed, reaching out to tuck one of her curls behind her ear. My hand brushed her cheek, and lingered there. I grinned stupidly, but to be honest, I didn't care. "Let's go," I say, my hands holding hers. "Henry! I haven't done my make-up!" Summer cried, her cute mouth making an 'o' of mock horror. "You don't need it," I reply, and with that, I move my arm across her shoulders and lead her to my car. "If you close your eyes, you can imagine it's a sports car," I whisper in her ear. Summer laughs her gorgeous laugh and kisses me. Then we get into my average car, and I drive us to the restaurant.

Kenzie's P.O.V

"Davis!" I cry in pretend fury, hurling the pillow at her head. "Pillow fight!" Davis cries in retaliation, and hurls it back at me. Within seconds, it's a fully blown pillow war. "What on earth are you guys doing!?" Richelle cries, as she and Jacquie enter the room, almost getting smacked in the face by a pillow. Davis invited me round, so Jacquie got to invite someone to. She chose Richelle. Sure, she's an amazing dancer, but that girl has some serious sympathy issues. And when I say 'sympathy issues' I mean that she has none. Jacquie has tear stains on her face, so my guess is that they were talking about Noah. "Get out my room!" Davis exclaims; before instantly realising that Jacquie is upset. "But you can stay if you want to," she adds quickly. The three of them are soon in conversation, but I'm distracted by my phone bleeping from under the bed. Strange, how did it get under there? I think, crawling under the bed to check it. It's from an unknown number, probably some adoring fan who saw me at regionals. It's not. Scoffing, I quickly reply, before blocking the number.

Emily's P.O.V

I'm sitting in my office at studio 1 watching Finn, Ozzy, and Kingston rehearse. They were back row at regionals, and obviously don't want to be there again. Sadly, all the dancers are amazing, and I will still be putting some of them in the back row. I look down at the line placements on my desk.

Front row (left to right)

Richelle, Summer, Jacquie

Middle row (left to right)

Henry, Kingston, Davis, Piper

Back row (left to right)

Ozzy, Finn, Kenzie.

No! That's wrong! I switch Kingston and Jacquie's name, then switch them back. Ok, how about no middle row? No! That would be worse! "Ugh!" I yell, flinging the paper's off my desk. Michelle would probably have some bright idea to sort this problem, and keep everyone happy. "Well, I know you hate admitting it.." laughs a voice from the doorway. I swivel around in my chair and gasp. "But I think you could use some help," Noah grins, wearing a light grey hoodie and leaning against the door, as if he didn't have a care in the world. Not a knight in shining armour, but still a hero to the studio.