fourteen

+

+

The snake bastard unfortunately was not effected by my dazzling speech. If anything, he just seemed amused. It really was a shot to the heart—that speech was cool until he completely disregarded it like I was a little twerp spouting nonsense.

I sweatdropped at the thought, the corner of my lip twitching.

I was a little twerp spouting nonsense, wasn't I?!

Impossible!

If anything, I was just a twerp. Not a little twerp.

I was 5'7 twerp with no regard for snakes or creepy bastards.

"My, my... where did this sudden surge of confidence come from?" He licked the corner of his mouth, abnormally long tongue leaving a string of saliva in its path. "Could it have something to do with your eyes? Because I must say... I've only seen such a thing once in my life, but she wasn't as amusing as yourself."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I made a face. "Nothing is wrong with my eyes... other than the fact they're bleeding..."

And the fact that there was still this strange silver filter coating everything and sucking the saturation out of the world, minus the red liquid rushing through all the living things in the area. But I didn't think mentioning that to this guy was a good idea.

Sketch was an understatement with this dude.

"The powers of the Ketsuryugan... are a bit of a mystery even to someone like myself." He began. "The clan it belonged to was more secretive than most, its information always kept hush hush. But if I had you... that information wouldn't be a secret anymore..." he cackled. "This is too perfect! Two dojutsu before me at my disposal...."

"D-dojutsu?!" I stammered, hand inching toward my eyes that were still streaming blood.

Thats what this was?

This strange filter... and the blood pouring from my eyes... was a result of awakening a dojutsu?

Can I just say, what the actual fuck?!

"And from your obvious confusion, it seems this is the first time you've used said dojutsu." The snake bastard threw his head back into a cackle once again. "Which means... you have no idea how to use it against me!"

My eye twitched at his patronizing tone, rolling my shoulder and adjusting the grip on my tanto. "I may have no idea what the fuck is going on with my eyes... but I can assure you that I haven't had them for the first thirteen years of my life, and I'm not about to start relying on them now."