Chapter One

The world of the gods isn't that much different from yours. We eat and drink, use the godly urinals and golden bars of soap. In fact, we tend to look down onto the mortal world for inspiration, the causation rates are ridiculous.

Even now, as I stand in this hotel for the first time, I find myself surrounded by human products, such as designer clothes and the shiniest, newest technology on the market.

Why I'm here? I'm not quite sure. As of last night, I'd been lying comfortably on my bed in my father's palace. The Olympus night sky had been marvelous and my cousin, (technically everyone I've ever spoken to is my cousin, but If I let that bother me, I'd be one of the few millennium year old virgins), and I had been stargazing late into the night. Eventually we drifted off, our chests facing the sky.

But now, I was stood in the middle of what appears to be a hotel lobby. It's spherical in shape, the middle of the ceiling was cut off, showing one inside balcony after another. I tilted my head back, looking up the center for the roof, but I was only met with a night sky similar to the one I'd drifted off below previously.

Each balcony connected, making a circular hallway on each floor, each with a different theme. Glass elevators floated, completely unconnected to any stable object, facing one another in the middle of the room, a clear barrier forming an upward path for each of them to travel. I found my head craning further and further up every passing second, but before it could begin to stretch, there was a faint clicking noise from in front of me and my gaze shot toward the sound.

In front of me was a tall man, his waist thin and his chest filled out. He had silver hair, but not from aging, most likely from a recent salon visit. In his arms, which, like the rest of his body, were quite tan, he held a clipboard with a silver pen hanging on by a loose thread. He was undeniably handsome, and a lesser being might even find him intimidating. The power radiating off of him was not one of a gods though, I couldn't be fooled that easily, but he was definitely no mortal. Maybe an older deity, we tend to fade with age.

"Glad you could join us, Lord Min.", he said cooly, his eyes not leaving his stack of papers that were stuck securely on his board, "My name is Kim Namjoon, and welcome to Olympus's official training faculty."

I scanned him again, my eyes started at his feet and came to rest at his eyes. They were dark, but they held confidence. They held strength.

"Yea- okay." I said, spinning on my heel. I was planning to walk out, but I was met with-, well,l nothing. No doors, no windows, just a giant blank wall.

"Uh-," I said, looking back at Namjoon over my shoulder, "-You mind telling me where the door out is, kid? I have things to do."

Namjoon tilted his head, and for the first time his eyes moved to look at me, "No, I'm afraid I can't- You know you can't leave right, Lord Min?", he quizzed, straightening his head and dropping the hand his clipboard was held in to his side.

"Right, well, no I didn't get that memo. But I'm afraid I'll be on my way nonetheless." I sighed, turning back towards the blank wall, quickly raising my hand and snapping. I expected to look up and be back in my bed, drowning in the comfortably it offered, but when I opened my eyes I was still stiff in the lobby. I looked up at my hand and shook it out like it had gotten wet before snapping again. And again. And again.

Soon though, I gave up, and spun back to face Namjoon.

"Mind telling me what the hell is going on?" I growled, there were hints of malice in my voice but I tried not to raise my voice.

"HM-," Namjoon hummed, raising his papers again and jotting down what I could only assume was notes over yours truly, "- So far you're the only one to react in such a harsh manor. Other than the young son of Aries, of course." He said.