ᴋɪʀɪᴛᴏ || 💔

𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘐 𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting off with angst [not really]...

I'm just a really terrible person, aren't I?

Well, here it goes...

M/n's POV

I had been walking for a while. 

Where's that boss everyone was talking about?

I had heard from a few players that there was an event that was taking place. It was supposed to be somewhere in the forest under a fir [?] tree. I looked around me cautiously. I was startled when I heard something behind me. The person looked at me with wide eyes. 

Kazuto...

"P/n...", he said quietly. 

"Long time, no see..."

"Well, you've been hiding away all this time..."

Before I could respond, another group appeared next to us. "What's up?", Klein said.

"You followed me?"

"Of course. You're after the revival item, aren't ya?"

Wait...what?

"Yeah..."

"Don't be risking your life for some rumor that could turn out to be bogus."

"..."

"Man, you can't be messing around in this death game. Once your HP hits zero, that's it. In the real world, your brain gets fried and--"

"Shut up."

"Huh? I'm trying to get ya to stop with all your stupid soloing! Come on, join up with us. Whoever gets it to drop the revival item keeps it. No hard feelings. Hey, that's fair, isn't it?"

"But, then...there'd be no point", he replied, his hand resting on the handle of his sword. "I have to do this...alone."

They gasped. Klein put his hand out in front of his guild. 

Kazuto wants it that bad, huh?

<Flashback>

"Hey, P/n!"

"What's up?"

"Can we go to the lake? Nishida told me he'd show me how to fish!"

"Sure, kid. Let me just finish up here."

He pouted. "I have a name, P/n!"

"Go play or something. Just don't stray too far, okay?"

"Okay!"

I heard Lisbeth giggle. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing~", she said, giving me that teasing look. "You just look like an actual father."

"Shut up...How much do I owe you?"

"No need. Just go play with Shima already. He needs his father~"

"Please stop. Anyway, thanks."