ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟᴀ ʜʏᴀᴋᴜʏᴀ || ☁️

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘛𝘰𝘰 𝘌𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘛𝘰 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Modern AU]

Mika's POV

The first day of school came by fast. As I entered the gym for the entrance ceremony, I looked around for a certain h/c-haired 'friend' of mine. He's my best friend, next to Yuu, but I really wish we were more than that. Just as I was gonna give up looking for him, I hear a group of girls scream his name.

I saw him walk through the gym doors, seemingly not caring about the crowd around him. In fact, it was as if they weren't there. The girls even moved to the side to let him by. It was almost as if they were scared to ruin his good looks if they laid even a finger on him. He had that signature 'bad boy' vibe around him that made girls say he was a 'dangerous' man. 

He was dangerous indeed. Dangerous for my heart. M/n walked right over to me, showing a smile that he only ever shows me and Yuu. 

"Hey, Mika."

"O-Oh, hey, M/n. Good morning."

"Morning."

Before we could continue talking, the principal cleared her throat. The girls immediately quieted down and scattered back to their respective groups. You see, M/n was on the school's basketball team. In fact, he was their ace. His signature move was running past the hoop and making a basket from there while hanging onto the back of the board. And since his jersey consisted of basketball shorts and a muscle shirt, everyone could see his well-toned body. 

Apart from being athletically talented and good looking, he also played the guitar beautifully. The melodies he created with it would flow through the air, bringing sweet tunes into the world. 

"Now, I would like to welcome you all back--"

The principal continued speaking, but I decided to talk to M/n. "When did you come back?"

"Two days ago. I meant to tell you, but I didn't have my phone with me."

"What happened to it?"

"Well...", he started, his eyebrows knit as he sighed. "My brother kinda...accidently threw it out the window of a car and it got ran over multiple times."

I rose one of my eyebrows in shock. "Really?"

"Yeah. For whatever reason, he was holding it out the window."

M/n shook his head, sighing once again. "I told him he owes me a new one. Before I left this morning, he told me he'd stop by and get me one to replace the one he destroyed."

"Do you...need my number again?", I asked though I was a little concerned because his phone held past pictures of us together, some including Yuu, but he didn't really like taking pictures, so...the majority of them were of M/n and I.

"I see that look on your face, Mika. Don't worry. Just in case I lost or damaged my phone, I backed up the photos. So, I should be able to transfer them back."

I blushed as he responded to my internal concern. "How...How did you know I was thinking about that...?"

He chuckled, making my blush darken even more. "It's written all over your face. You're surprisingly easy to read, Mika."

Before I had a chance to respond, Yuu walked up to us. "Hey..."

"Late on your first day, Yuu?"

"Shut up. Anyway, what are you two talking about? I saw you laugh and Mika blushed--"

"Ah! Yuu!", I said quickly before covering his mouth, chuckling awkwardly as I looked at M/n.