fifteen

+

+

When I came to, everything was still black. Which made me wonder... did I really wake up? Or was I ever going to wake up?

Was I dead?!

If I was awake and not staring (was I starting at anything? Idk man) at complete darkness, I probably would have been tapping my chin while contemplating what mess I had gotten myself into.

But as I was... whatever this was... I couldn't tap my chin and contemplate on this mess. So I just kind of... sat in the darkness.

It was pretty peaceful honestly. No screams. No pain. And there wasn't any annoying voices either—

"KOHANA-CHANNNN!!!"

I groaned as the curtain of darkness began to peel away to reveal calming, warm light. My eyelids fluttered, and I let out another quiet groan of pain and discomfort.

My shoulder still hurt like a bitch, huh? Not to mention my eyes. Holy fuck they hurt... I had never experienced such pain before. Especially not from something as vital as my vision. It felt as though someone had ripped them out of my eye sockets and began shaving them with a potato peeler.

I groaned again as something prodded me in the side.

Dude, I was sore... and the poking of my sore muscles was not something I wanted to experience right now.

The finger pushed into a muscle that was sorer then most, a strong jolt of pain stabbing at said muscle. I yelped and shot up, only for my head to smack into something and cause even more pain to ricochet through my throbbing skull.

"Owww! Kohana-chan!"

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the figure in front of me with a half lidded gaze. It was a person who obviously knew me and was on seemingly friendly terms at the usage of the honorific. I couldn't tell who it was though, as a blurry figure wasn't exactly a good identifier.

I grumbled a slew of swear words underneath my breath and rubbed at my eyes, wincing at the throbbing pain. It felt like a tiny heart beat inside of my eyeball. A tiny heartbeat experiencing a lot of pain.

I peeled my hands away and looked a the figure again. I blinked a few times, and they finally came into focus.

Ryuu rubbed at a large red spot on his forehead, lip pushed out into a pout. Dirt and scratches littered his face, and his previously clean, blue jacket, was now torn up and dirtied.