Chapter 1: The Lady in the Mountains

"There she is again, that witch lady from the mountains."

"I wonder why she's here, probably to get more stuff for her witch-craft."

"I don't know why the law hadn't hunger her yet from practicing her demon work."

"She may have already placed them under a spell or even a curse already."

This and more was all the town folks was talking about as a small Native American woman calmly walked down the street covered in her usual furs and traditional Indian headdress that sat proudly on top of her head, each feather looking more beautiful then the last. Next to her was a massive beast of a horse, [a dark brown Shire that stood proud and intimidating] that was wearing a saddle that was covered in pouches that was clearly stuffed with all kinds of things, and there behind the stuffed saddle was a variety of skinned animal furs.

As the woman made her way down the muddy road another thing people noticed is the weapons that decorated her person. All either in mint condition or extremely intimidating when you let your mind wonder to how they were used.

"Come Tankie," the woman called to the horse now named Tankie as she continued on not bothered with the attention she was gaining, for all that mattered to her was getting to the town's butcher to sell the furs she didn't need before making a quick stop at the local general store to get some more equipment for her camp and cabin.

"We have to make this quick, for its getting dark out and the moon goddess as said that there will be trouble for those who stays out to late tonight," she continued which earned her a small sound of agreement from her Shire.

The woman's name was Oceans Auray. She was born to a Native American father and a African mother, the to having feel in love after her father saved her mother from a bunch of racist men who didn't like the fact her mother had such a huge standing in their community. Being originally farther up North Oceans can honestly say that she would sometimes find herself missing the warm embrace of her ever loving parents, but the need to see the world and prove herself is what keep her from running home. A need to make a name no matter how small drove her from her home and to where she is now. Sure it was hard but by now it was something that Oceans can handle with ease.

"Ahh, Miss Auray! Always a pleasure to see you. What do you have for me today?" The kind butcher both asked with a warm smile on his face, which Oceans returned.

"Only the best for you," she said softly while beginning to show him her latest cargo. The butcher named Josh Willington was a kind-hearted Italian man who's life was once saved by Oceans one evening after a hunting trip went wrong which unfortunately left him missing one of his legs. Sure he was one leg short but that didn't stop him from being forever grateful since she could have easily left him to die.

"I see you've taken up with hunting down the legendary animals around huh?" He teased in question once he spotted the white bison pelt that rested on the back of her horse after he finished admiring the perfect pelts she handed over to him.

"It was more of an accident then intentional," Oceans mumbled with a small blush as she recalled nearly having a heart-attack when she nearly crashed into the pitch white bison when she was traveling around the end of west Grizzlies near Lake Isabella. Luckily Tankie noticed the bison and managed to stop just before it happened....Now Oceans will near admit to the fact that she lost her temper when this happened and took the bison down with a well aimed arrow in a moment of pettiness but she can say she doesn't have any regrets in doing it.

"Anyway these pelts are free of charge, as thinks for still being so kind despite what others think," she continued with a smile and nearly laughed out at the shocked look on the older man's face.