Chapter XIX

You gave me panic attacks
And I called it love

-unknown

Bailee Poppy was sitting in the great hall completing her NEWTS

Bailee Poppy was sitting in the great hall completing her NEWTS. The young Poppy girl was tapping her foot aimlessly regularly looking around in nerves. Bailee has finished the test long ago and now she was waiting for this torture to be over.

Her best friends had informed her a week ago of their planned departure from hogwarts, forever. Apparently the twins had been planning this for months and didn't want Bailee to worry, so they didn't tell her. Hell yes she was pissed at them for not telling her, but she eventually got over it and helped them plan.

The day they planned to leave on, was today. After their final NEWTS. Bailee was mad that they wouldn't be graduating together, but she understood why they wanted to leave.

Amidst all of the nerves she was feeling for her friends, Bailees mind started to wonder. Specifically to a red headed pillock. Or a jackass in her opinion. If she was being honest, yes she missed him. But he sealed his fate that night and Bailee had to fight the feelings she was so obviously feeling.

She didn't want to feel this way, but she did. She hated that she loved him. She hated that he didn't love her. She hated that she let him get to her. She hated that she opened up her heart to someone, when they just took it and broke it into a million different pieces.

Bailee was mad at herself, yes. But she was absolutely livid at him for doing this to her. She hated that he broke her. She hated that he had this power over her. She hated him. She hated everything about him. She hated the way his smile made her heart flutter. She hated the way when he embraced her she felt safe and warm. She hated all of it. She hated him the most.

Bailee stared at the paper fighting back her tears that were in her eyes. Even thinking about him made her want to scream and yell. Thinking about him made her want to crawl into a ball and cry for hours.

Did she love him? She didn't know. She used to love him with everything in her. But now she didn't know if she felt anything anymore. You may call her a coward for hating him after only one fight. But those words hurt Bailee and everyone knew they hurt her. The one thing Bailee never wanted to be called was a child, she wanted to help and she felt useless when people called her a stupid teenager.

And she told him that. He knew that she hated it. And he used it against her. She hated him for that. He knew where it would hurt her most and he struck right on the target.

Bailee was not a useless teenager and she knew it. She was going to prove him wrong. She was going to make sure he knew that she is fine without him. Even though she really wasn't. She wanted him to feel her pain. Call her emotional, fine. She what she cares. She loved and it got her hurt. She learned her lesson. When you mess with fire, you get burned.