Chapter 1

Tatum POV:

I groaned loudly as my alarm clock blared its annoying wake up call. I reached out and shut it off the same way I do every morning: by punching the top of it.

I pulled my short, chubby body out of bed and pushed on my big, black nerdy glasses. I stumbled into my bathroom and looked at my round, freckled covered face.

I shook my head with a disapproving sigh and took my dull, dirty blonde hair out of its messy bun. I brushed the knots out of my hair, brushed my teeth, and trudged tiredly to my closet.

I pulled out plain denim jeans to cover my big thighs and an army, green oversized t-shirt to hide my chubby body. After dressing into my clothes of choice, I slipped on my grey Bobs and grabbed my school books and work. I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen, seeing my beautiful mother.

You see, I'm adopted. I sport a short, chubby, pale skinned body and dull dirty blonde hair while my mother has a tall, slim, perfectly curved, tan body and long, straight red hair. My father has dark brown hair, a handsome face, and is well built.

"Good morning sweetie." My mom greeted me and kissed my forehead. "How'd you sleep?"

"Goodmorning to you to and I slept well." That was a lie.

I set down my things on a small table by the front door and slipped on my large black hoodie that says 'i am a unicorn' in bold, white letters. I grabbed an apple and took a bite as I shoved my things into my plain purple backpack.

I didn't realize I wasn't paying attention to my mom until she said "Goodbye Tatum! Have a wonderful day at school!". I walked out of my one story house and grabbed my old bike off the side of the house. I pulled my oversized self onto the old fashioned bike and rode to hell...I mean school...no...I mean hell.

********

15 minutes later, I arrive at the Oak Creek Middle School. I put my bike in the rack, adjusted the straps on my backpack, pushed my glasses up farther on my nose, and walked with my head down into the school.

I instantly heard whispers about me from all of my 7th grade peers and all of the 8th graders. When I say I don't have one friend in this school besides the 8th grade math teacher, Mr. Mitchell...I mean it.

Next thing I know, I'm being shoved roughly against a locker. I shake it off and walk the rest of the way to my locker. I hope the pep rally makes this day better.

*********

High school pep rally. There's one every Friday, every football season for our high schools football team, Oak Creek Timber Wolves.

I looked around the gym as high schoolers, middle schoolers, intermediate students, and elementary students filled the stands. Before I know it, the band comes into the gym, playing our school song. Once they are positioned in the bleachers, they begin another tune and the high school football players come confidently into the gym.

They all take their seats on the side of the gym opposite of mine. My eyes stay on one football player, Justin Sims, 17 year old quarterback. You can't blame me for staring! I mean, he's hot!

I pry my eyes away from him and watch the fake, slutty cheerleaders cheer with their spray on tans and fake blonde hair. I sit in the top left corner of the bleachers quietly and soon stand to cheer with the crowd for the cheerleaders.

Once I sit down, I feel like im being watched. I self consciously push my glasses father on my nose and look around wearily. My eyes scan the gym and, of course, land on Justin Sims...who is staring at me.

My eyes meet his and he grins slightly, looking away. I look around me to see if any of the popular girls are sitting close but found none.

I, in a very confused manner, watch the rest of the pep rally without so much as a glance in Justin's direction.

Once the pep rally ends, I slowly make my way down the steps of the bleachers. As expected, the group of popular boys in middle school corner me before I could make it out of the gym. I keep my gaze to the ground until I feel the first punch. I cry out in pain and sink to the ground as more kicks and punches are thrown my way. I could tell at least one of them had a knife since I felt air hit the wounds. I felt blood seeping out of my cuts, causing me to slowly lose consciousness.

All of a sudden, a loud, booming voice echoed across the gym as I heard footsteps gaining on our position. The boys who were beating me up almost instantly ran away. I uncurled myself from the ball and could only feel strong arms wrapping around me and a soothing voice speaking to me before I blacked out.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

A/N:

Here's chapter 1 of Young Mate! Hope you enjoy! Please leave a like and comments and a follow would be nice as well!

♡amanda♡