Don't die on me

Robin had been hurt while they fought the Snow Queen. He attempted to shoot an arrow at her and she sent a magic ball of ice right back, straight through his heart. He felt the ice overwhelm him. Then everything went black. 

Charming, Belle, Emma and Hook were there, looking at him with terror in their eyes as he collapsed. Their gazes turned to Gold, mentally asking for any plan to save him.

When he didn't say anything Belle spoke up.

''Rumple, please, tell me you can help him.'' The girl's voice cracked as she pleaded with her husband at the sight of her friend, unconscious from the fight. She walked closer to Robin and knelt down beside him, putting a hand to his  forehead and then quickly pulling it back with a yelp. 

''Rumple! He is freezing. Do something!'' She yelled at him.

''Belle, I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do.'' He whispered to his wife with a lowered head. ''Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart.''

''Regina'' Belle whispered.

''No'' Robin gasped. ''Don't tell her anything.  She doesn't love me any more; I kept going to see her in the two weeks after I left Marian, and she just pushed me away every single time.'' 

Robin gasped as a fresh wave of pain washed over him. 

''I don't want her to be hurt. She's with Jefferson now. Leave her be.'' Robin's voice cracked, and it wasn't just from the physical pain.

''How do you know?'' Emma asked, leaning back against the wall.

''I saw them,'' he simply said, turning his head to hide his tears.

''Robin, she has to know.'' Belle said, her own eyes watering.

''Promise me you won't tell her, Belle.'' Robin demanded as loud as he could. When she didn't answer he looked to Gold, who nodded as answer to his unspoken request.

''Tell my son I love him more than anything.'' Robin whispered, squeezing Belle's hand. ''And... tell her..'' he hesitated for a second before continuing.

"Tell her I love her, so very much. And tell her... I'm so sorry I hurt her.'' he said before drifting into a deep sleep."

The trio carried him to the hospital, wrapping layers upon layers around him, anything they could find to keep him warm.  

Emma, Charming and Belle were startled at the sound of a loud cry.

They turned to see Regina running towards the group, yelling the thief's name as her hurried footsteps carried her closer.

Before she could open the door, Charming put his arm out and stopped her.

''Regina, you have to be strong,'' he warned, attempting to prepare he for the sight of Robin pale and lifeless, a fine sheen of ice coating his skin where his sweat had frozen.

Regina pushed Charming away, with more force behind her than would be expected. ''Let me see him'' she yelled, opening the door and charging into the room.

When she saw him, she came to a halt, her legs almost giving way as she felt her heart shatter.

She slowly started to walk closer to him, a sob of 'no!' with every step until she was sat on the side of his bed.  

''No, you do not have the right to die. I won't let you. I accepted that you left me but you can't die, Robin, please... I need you. Please don't die on me," she begged between her sobs. 

Robin was so pale, his skin almost too cold to touch. It didn't take a doctor to realise he didn't have long left.

Regina's desperation to force him to wake up let her to put her hands on his shoulders and shake him. ''Robin! You need to wake up. Please, wake up... I love you so much, I can't survive in a world where you don't exist." Regina cried harder and slumped forward, burying her face into his neck, "please... live for me."