The Reckoning

Life. We all see it, experience it. We know it. We feel it. We sense it. We hear it. We smell it. When there's trouble, we know it. Of course, it's life. Life keeps us going. Just as it kept George Mattson going. George know's what's going on. He sees life. He knows it. He feels it. He senses it. He hears it. He smells it. When there's trouble, he knows it. Of course, it's life. Life keeps George Mattson going. One fateful day, he was walking down main street. It was a quiet night, perhaps too quiet. Of course, we don't know how quiet it truly was. Was it so that not a single sound was heard? Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. I don't know.

The bar, a wonderful place to get drunk.

"Ah, I love going to the bar and getting drunk" George spouted out.

His lips quivered. The alcohol was just at his fingertips. He had the option of getting alcohol poisoning in just a couple of seconds. It was right there, the bar that is. As he walked in, he smelled something fishy. He looked to his left to find a rotten, dead fish.

"Boy, that is a relief!"

George continued into the bar, looking for trouble. However, there was no one there, except the bar tender, and a guy sitting at the bar, and another guy sitting at the bar, and a couple sitting at a table, and another couple sitting at another table, and George's arch nemesis that was there to kill him, and a third couple at a table, and another bar tender.

Then George Mattson died because of....