☆•ONE•☆

Small thing before I begin, the image I placed above is how Wheatley looks in my book <3 That design resonated with me the most ! I am a huge nerd for this fucking metal sphere I'm sorry </3
----------

I sat down at my desk with a huff, the night had been ruined and I had decided it wasn't worth sticking around to see how much worse it'd get, it seemed like real people were harder to deal with than I was used to. I let out another sigh as I held back tears, this wasn't fair at all.. With teary eyes, I started up my computer that sat upon my desk, it hummed to life after a few seconds
It was one of the most comforting sounds I loved, it washed away all the stress from any day.

The screen flashed to life as it asked me for my login, as I typed in my details I listed to my keyboard click with each button pressed, as soon as I was in I went straight for portal 2. It was one of the games I played when I was lonely or just upset in general.
Something about seeing Wheatley talk and whirl around on his rail made me light up with warm fluffy feelings.

It wasn't uncommon for me to find comfort in odd fictional men, but Wheatley was the one who I loved the most out of all those characters. He just seemed to get me, a dumb lil moron trying to do his best, but in the end he ends up regretting everything he did. How could I not fall in love with a character who knows exactly how I feel???

The game booted up and started playing it's soundtrack, I clicked on a new game as I had already played through the game a few times before, I wanted to 'meet' Wheatley again.. And maybe imagine it was me in that situation.

------

Hours had passed since I started playing, but my smile never left, I had gotten up to where I was doing tests for Wheat-man. It was so amusing to see him so pleased by the tests, it always made me laugh like it was him getting off on good testing, which was weird when you really thought about it, but it was funny regardless.

I figured here would be a good time to stop, funnily enough cockblocking the core from any further testing. I saved my game and hit quit, bidding a farewell to the core as I turned my computer off.

I quickly got comfy under my covers and snuggled in close with my giant plush of Wheatley (Best investment ever) and drifted off to sleep, feeling safe as I held onto the plush.

I tossed and turned in my bed, feeling around for my plush, but finding nothing... Had he fallen off the bed? I sat up and yawned, slowly opening my eyes, through my blurry vision the room seemed normal until my eyes adjusted.

"What the fuck.. Where am I?" I asked myself as I looked around.

"Hello, Hellooo?" A voice called from beyond the door, another person! I could get answers to where I was!
Quickly I hopped up and went for the door, opening it quickly. Screams echoed through the room from both of us once the door opened, in front of me was a tall robotic man with large sphere as a head.... He looked like all those drawings of Wheatley I had see on the internet. "You look.... good, yeah.." He fumbled about, coming into the room more so we weren't in the cramped hall.

I looked at him skeptically, this had to be a weird dream.. There was no way he was real, I looked over every detail on him, trying to figure out what to think.
"What's going on.. Where am I?" I feebly asked, now the fear was starting to set in. "Aperature labs, you've been in cryogenic sleep for a while, but lucky for you, you are alive!" He rambled on, there was no way...