Whip cream

Crisp november air nipped Arnin's cheeks as he walked. He pulled his scarf higher and drew his coat closer around him but it did little to keep out the could.

With a sigh the blond turned off the walkway and entered the college's on-campus coffee shop. The sudden warmth made his numb fingers tingle.

The shop was fairly empty, only a few students sat at the medium sized cafe table. Most were on laptops with mugs of steaming coffee in hand, their eyes glued to the glowing screen. Others poured over thick books their mugs kept at a safe distance from the pages.

Armin made his way to the counter, inhaling the delicious scent of pumpkin spice and mocha latte.

"Good morning, Armin, " The auburn-haired woman at the register greeted with a smile as warm as the coffee.

Armin smiled back, quickly glancing at the girl's nametag, though he already knew her name.

"Good morning, Petra, how are your classes going?"

"We'll be making crepes in culinary next week, you're welcome to stop by and try some."

Excitement edged the blond's tone at the thought of trying Petra's cooking. "Of course I will, thank you."

She laughed, "Alright, what can I get you? The usual pumpkin spice with cream and sugar?"

Blue eyes flickered towards the menu above Petra. Neatly arranged white letters and numbers stood out against the brown board with orange leaf decorations.

"A medium, please."

"You got it!"

She twirled away to grab a medium sized mug and fill it to the the brim witht the gormet styled pumpkin spice.

Armin sucked in a deep breath as she poured the coffee, trying to taste the aromatic scent as he breathed it in.

Petra stopped in front of Armin again and held out the brown and orange cup.

"Two dollars and fifty cents."

He took out his wallet and handed her the money then grabbed the coffee.

"Thanks, Armin, have a good day!"

The blond waved over his shoulder as ha searched for a table to sit at, "you too."

Finally his gaze stopped on a girl that sat alone at her table, blond hair tied up in a bun, eyes skimming over text on her laptop screen. One of the foam brown and orange mugs was in her hands.

"Mind if I sit here?" Armin asked the girl, pointing to the seat across from her.

Her light blue eyes glanced at the boy, "Go ahead."

He sat quietly and brought out a thick book out of his light gray school bag. His eyes strayed towards the girl across from him.

He had seen her around campus, talked to her sometimes, even had english class with her. Her name was Annie Leonhardt, she was on the karate team but didn't take any physical fitness courses. She had good grades too, almost enough to consider taking advanced classes. She's quiet but doesn't cmpletely ignore people - and of course Armin remembered all of this, but she had probably forgotten his name already.

He sighed and took a sip of his coffee.

"Armin, could I ask you something?"

His head turned so fast his coffee almost spilt across the table, "S-sure."

The smallest trace of blush lit her cheeks as she turned her computer screen towards Armin so that he could read the text, distress twisting her lips into a slight frown.

"Where's an example of character change?" More redtinted her face from embarrassment.

"Right, uhhh," Armin inspected the words, scanning them quickly. Suddenly he stopped and pointed to a section of text. "Right there."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Silence passed and Annie took a sip of her whipcream-topped coffee, some of it sticking to her top lip.

Armin suppressed a giggle and instead asked, "Hazelnut?"

"Yeah," Then took another sip, more whipcream stayed at the corner of her mouth.

This time a chuckle slipped and Annie gave him a confused look.

"What?"

Armin gestured to his own face as he spoke.

"You have whipcream on your mouth."

Annie's face flushed crimson and she wiped frantically at her lips, somehow completely missing the two spots.

"Where is it?!"

Armin grinned, amused by how unintentionally cut she was being.

"Here, he leaned in closer, "let me help." Their lips met.

The kiss was short and soft but Armin had managed to remove the whipcream from Annie's lips and licked it off his own.

"There."

~ The end ~

I know it was awful and way too long, I'm sorry! T.T