Yellow

Yeonjun woke up bright and early, slipping on his yellow slippers he headed downstairs to the kitchen. He was tired, but today was going to be a good day and he didn't want to miss another minute of it by sleeping it away.

"Good morning, sweetie," his mom kissed his forehead, placing a sunshine-colored plate full of banana pancakes in front of him.

"Morning Mom," Yeonjun greeted, shoving his food in his mouth.

"You're up early," his father put down the newspaper he was reading to look at him.

Yeonjun nodded, "Woojin, Seungmin, and I were planning to hang out by the Honeycomb Bridge before school started."

"Oh, the bridge sounds fun," a small smile played on his mom's lips, "but how about you guys go somewhere a little safer like the Daffodil Park, or Butter's Bakery?"

"Don't worry mom! The bridge is safe we go there all the time!" Yeonjun assured her, "Nothing bad will happen."

"Alright just be careful," she told him, "And don't be late to school."

Yeonjun flashed her an okay sign with his hands as he finished his breakfast. After picking up his mess and changing into his school uniform he headed to his friends' house.

-

Yeonjun walked down the streets full of yellow-colored houses and greeted the happy people that walked down the sidewalk. He knew where Woojin and Seungmin lived, but he had to admit sometimes it was hard for him to tell houses apart. He stopped at a house with a large number of buttercups growing along the pathway to their door. Yeonjun was positive this was the right house since Woojin had a thing for gardening. He knocked on the door and after a while was greeted by a young boy with toast in his mouth.

"Good morning, Seungmin," Yeonjun stepped out of the way so the other could come outside.

"Sorry we're late," Seungmin stood next to the older, "Someone forgot to set an alarm."

Yeonjun laughed, "It's ok, there's still plenty of time."

"I know," Seungmin finished his breakfast. They stood there for a minute or so before the Woojin came out.

"Hey Yeonjun," he greeted, and Seungmin fake coughed. Woojin rolled his eyes, "You're my brother, I saw you not even five minutes ago."

"It's still nice to say hi to people," Seungmin pouted.

Woojin huffed, "Fine, hello Seungmin." The younger boy chuckled and called him something Yeonjun couldn't quite make out.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Yeonjun asked, trying to avoid their bickering

"Yeah!" Seungmin exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, while Woojin just nodded. The three boys made their way to the Honeycomb bridge. Yeonjun didn't talk much as they walked, he was more curious about what the day held while the other two teased each other. He was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts as Woojin grabbed his shoulder.

"You know the bridge is this way, right?" the older smiled at him, and pointed in the opposite direction Yeonjun was headed.

"Oh," Yeonjun gasp, "Sorry. I knew I just, I don't know."

"You were daydreaming again, even I know that," Seungmin smirked at him.

"Alright you caught me," Yeonjun laughed as they began walking in the right direction this time.

"You do that a lot," Woojin smirked at him as well, "It's kind of obvious at this point." Yeonjun is still surprised they aren't twins.

"Ah, really?" he shyly smiled.