How it Started

I should've left sooner.

It all started two weeks ago, just another day. My wife, Sylvia, was at home sick, meaning I had to drive my son to school, meaning I would be late for work.

"Mooommy how are we not there yet?" Oliver groans.
"Baby, you understand that mommy can't control tragic ri- MOVE FASTER CUNT!" I scream, Oliver pouts.
"No no honey that wasn't- I didn't mean-" but just then, a car pulls out right in the middle of the four-way, causing me to slam my heel as hard as I could on the breaks. Unfortunately for me, the car pulling out wasn't quick enough to react, causing the driver to crash right into us. I hear the crunch of metal, screaming, then nothing. Just darkness.

I wake up with a blanket around me.

"Miss, Miss are you alright?" An unfamiliar voice asks me.

I am sitting upright in an idle ambulance, my legs hanging out the back. I look around, realizing the situation I'm in, then I jolt up in a panic.

"My son!!" I say, startled, "where is my son?!"
The woman sits me back down forcibly, "He's just over there miss, your friend here came to pick him up."

Thank god. He's safe, and most importantly un-harmed. I look through the crowding people, and I can see Oliver wrapped around Sylvia's arms. I make eye contact with her and we smile, I love her.

I get up, making sure to show the ER people that I'm okay, and walk over to Sylvia. She unwraps her arms around Oliver, and puts them on my face. We kiss, and for some reason I felt so grateful. Grateful for love, warmth, happiness.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" She asks.
"I'm okay, only a few bruises. What about you little guy?" I reach down and put my arm on Oliver's shoulder. "How are you holding up?"
"I'm okay mummy, but I cried when you wouldn't wake up because I thought you were dead!" He said.

I laugh, what a goofball. About to head home I notice a man walking furiously towards me, making weird squinting faces at me, then at my wife, then at my kid.

"Umm, can I help you sir?" I politely ask him.
"HELP ME? Dear god women these days. Do you have ANY idea how much MONEY you owe me? That car was worth more than your house bitch!" He yells.
Suddenly my wife steps in.
"THE FUCK did you just say to my motherfucking wife dick-head?" She says.
"You heard me!! You're all a bunch of faggots you are, thank god the police are roundin' y'all fags up, glad they've been changing their views on the world." He states.
Sylvia grabs Oliver and I by the arm. "Let's go, I've had enough homophobia for the day."

As we're walking away, I can't help but think about his last comment.

"thank god the police are roundin' y'all fags up"

His words circle through my mind. What the hell kid of joke was that? Sometimes I forget how stupid people can be.

What a lying loudmouth.

Liking it so far? I'll be publishing a new chapter everyday! Usually around 7:00PM — EST !!