eighteen

+

+

After I was declared winner of my match, I was finally given some good medical attention. Everyone else got right back to finishing the left over matches, while I was guided into a different room to get my shoulder fixed.

I didn't really pay attention to all the wins and losses, knowing I would get to know all that juicy stuff later on. Sure, people were being carried in on stretchers left and right, but it didn't mean I was paying attention to them.

A medical nin healed my shoulder up, and not too long after Ryuu and Momo Sensei came in informing me of what was gonna be happening for the next month or so.

Because I had won my match, I was going to move onto the third part of the chunin exams. The third part where I was supposed to show off as much as possible so my village could make big bucks.

Now, I didn't like it when other people showed off, but when I put on a show? You couldn't even call it showing off. It was entertainment.

But we had a month to prepare for said show, and the first thing I did when released to leave was take the longest nap of my life. I didn't remember much between leaving the building and getting to our cheap hotel room, but one moment I was stumbling through the doorway and the next I face planted onto the stiff mattress.

When I came to, my cheek was pressed against the rough comforter, hair falling in my face and over my eyes. Sun filtered into the room through partially open blinds, shining light onto the two other empty beds. One of them was neatly made, while the other had things dumped out across the top, sheets and comforter thrown about messily.

That one was definitely Ryuu's bed.

I blinked the sleepiness from my lids, before slowly moving my hand to brush the hair from my face. As I moved my hand, my entire arm moved with it, exposing my armpit. And as soon as I got a whiff of that stench, I knew the first thing I would be doing this morning.

Holy fuckI reeked.

So a hot shower was definitely on my to do list, right before getting a good meal and some fresh clothes.

My muscles were still sore, including my shoulder, so I knew my hot shower would have more than one purpose. The soreness wasn't the same burning pain from the forest of death, but my body still needed time to rest before I started training for the third part of the chunin exams.

I eased myself into a sitting position, stretching my arms and giving a little yawn. I wiped the drool from my chin, before grabbing an extra set of clothes from my bag and heading into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and set the clean clothes on the counter beside the sink.