- 1 -

I walked into the assembly hall.

Unlike most colleges, we had an assembly every Monday to make sure nobody was absent, and to do general announcements. Usually they would also show part of the news from the day before.

You see, our city is frequently attacked by, well... Supervillains. And we have a defence against that. The Silver Guard, our superheroes.

I sat down in on of the rows reserved for my year - each year had several rows reserved for them - and scanned the row in front of me for Melissa.

Melissa was one of the 18-year olds in my class, and was basically known for coming late. But I know her as Electice, the hero with strong electrokinesis and weather powers, she's also the leader of the Silver Guard, but she didn't know that.

My name is Madelyn Indigo, and I'm fifteen, and in the same class as students three to five yeas older than me

It's been a few months, and I have gotten to know most of the other students in my year. It's hard to make friends, due to the age gap.

When I couldn't spot Melissa, I got up, and walked to the door.

"Could I go to the bathroom, please?" I asked the teacher who seemed to be 'on duty'. She rolled her eyes, but nodded, "Be quick, or else you'll miss the news flash. I heard there's a villain headed our way!"

I nodded, and quickly walked past her into the hallway. 

I headed for the bathrooms to dismiss any suspicions the teacher might have, but left the building as soon as I was out of sight. 

I went past the school gate, before casually walking into an alley. 

Focussing, I drew lines in the air with my fingers. I added one final stroke, and tapped the 'drawing' in the center, watching as a blue substance formed between the lines.

The lines I had drawn conjured up my hoverboard, which hovered in front of me, only a few centimetres from the ground.

It had taken me months of practice to get anything even remotely close to what was in front of me now, but I had gotten used to the pattern by now.

I stepped on it lightly, keeping my balance with the ease of months of practice. I leaned lightly towards the back of the hoverboard, and felt it come to life beneath my feet.

It scooted up, and raced forwards. It was a lot like skateboarding, which I had tried in my childhood, but never really enjoyed. 

I went out of the city through back ways, making sure that I wasn't spotted, and headed for the lighthouse near the cliff.

I could see the tall ruins looming ahead, and took a short detour, as to remain unseen.

When I reached the foot of the lighthouse, the secret rendezvous of the Silver Guard, I stepped off my hoverboard. It evaporated into nothingness behind me.

I enter the building, staying low, and go up the stairs. I could hear voices from the central room on the second floor, and scan for heat signatures.

Seven people inside.

I counted in my head to make sure that was the right amount, before peering around the corner to see who were there.

The seven people were exactly the ones I had expected.

The Silver Guard.

Melissa - Electice actually - was there, with her 'love interest', Luke, a.k.a. Green Beam - he has a sort of green electricity, mostly uses it to fly and make energy beams, hence the name. 

The rest of the people were;

- Natalie - the strong female hero, Lotus. She has florakinesis, plant powers. 

- Matthew and Josh - with fire and water powers, Ignition and Hydro. 

- and finally, the twins that no one can tell apart, Jade and Jaiden - they both have flight, but Jade has teleportation and force fields, whereas Jaiden has invisibility and super speed. They can share their powers by holding hands. They go by the names Elytra and Soarin.

Their identities were not easy to trace, but I figured them out soon enough. I had been tracing them ever since they first appeared, about eleven months ago. Most of the city seems to trust them.

I still had my doubts.

A few days ago, I had spotted something in the news. 

It was strange; a call for more heroes. Was seven not enough?

I had seen them struggle from time to time, they seemed to lack any sort of coordination or planning. The only plan they seemed to have was; 'Attack'.

I guess their leader wasn't a strategic person.

That was the reason I was here though, I had seen their call for help, and I myself had powers that could possibly be of use to them.

I focussed on the present, I could hear voices from inside the main room. They were faint whispers, but I could hear them.

"Melissa, I really don't think this is a good idea. It could have extreme consequences. We don't have the people or the power to handle that."

"Nonsense. I'm the steongest person around here.  I'm absolutely positive that Luke and I can handle anything. Also don't use my real name around here, you know you should call me Electrice."

I held my breath as I made a sound to catch their attention. They turned my way, and I stepped out from behind the wall, to see them all in fighting stances.

I guess I should have seen that coming...